Brit Butt Tour 2021

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Do you want an excuse to ride in 2021?
Try the Brit Butt Tour. Plan your own route, ride when ever you want though out the year.

All locations are from old Brit Butt Rally books so the tour is also good practice for any of the IBAUK rallies.
Entry is now open.
Full details on the website.
https://ironbutt.co.uk/w3/bbtour.php

There was no Brit Butt Rally in 2020 so we will be using the "Where the fugarwi?" In memory of Bev Killer who put it together.

Bonus collecting starts 1st Jan 2021

Be very aware of current corona virus advice when planning your rides as it constantly changes. Act responsibly to protect yourself and others.

Up to date advice can be found here https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Entry sent, Looks like Boris is handy capping me this year. Tier 4:(

Edit: No Bonuses in the tier 4 area either.....

Last edited:

mike_smith

Hello

I hope everyone is ok

I have medical problems and there is no way I could walk up that hill to Brentor Church will a photo of a nearby signpost to the church suffice?

What can I do if the tide is in when I arrive at the tidal landmarks - will a distance photo suffice?

Merry Chrisitmas

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
HI
Those of you who have entered this years BBT will have received your Rally books and GPX files.
I strongly recommend you read the email several times, it should answer your questions.

But for your info I will answer you questions.

1. The first 5 checkpoints, can only be visited by crossing tidal causeways. YES you have to cross the causeways so you will have to plan your visits carefully. The tidal times can be easily found on the internet. Distance photos will not be accepted.
2. Stated in the covering email some of these checkpoint are difficult to visit, requiring a walk or even riding on non tarmac roads so care needs to be taken. It's always a dilemma in a rally do you reward someone who got close to a checkpoint but didn't visit it taking a distant photo when someone actually gets close to it and takes an identical picture as in the rally book. But likewise I do not want you to be taken ill at them as well. So please email me of potential health issues. I will then advise you what to do at the checkpoint. I know most of you and know your rally history so don't waste my time. with you stubbed your toe. I will send a email to all competitors re health issues.

So take care and remember this I fell off my Honda Varadero on this rally braking some ribs leaving a checkpoint on Saturday night I still finished the rally and was a finisher.

Debi Kirk

Married to the very Lucky Steve
HI
Those of you who have entered this years BBT will have received your Rally books and GPX files.
I strongly recommend you read the email several times, it should answer your questions.

But for your info I will answer you questions.

1. The first 5 checkpoints, can only be visited by crossing tidal causeways. YES you have to cross the causeways so you will have to plan your visits carefully. The tidal times can be easily found on the internet. Distance photos will not be accepted.
2. Stated in the covering email some of these checkpoint are difficult to visit, requiring a walk or even riding on non tarmac roads so care needs to be taken. It's always a dilemma in a rally do you reward someone who got close to a checkpoint but didn't visit it taking a distant photo when someone actually gets close to it and takes an identical picture as in the rally book. But likewise I do not want you to be taken ill at them as well. So please email me of potential health issues. I will then advise you what to do at the checkpoint. I know most of you and know your rally history so don't waste my time. with you stubbed your toe. I will send a email to all competitors re health issues.

So take care and remember this I fell off my Honda Varadero on this rally braking some ribs leaving a checkpoint on Saturday night I still finished the rally and was a finisher.

Hi Wully
No email with Rally book or GPX file, payment for 2 and email sent yesterday
Deb and Steve Kirk

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi Wully
No email with Rally book or GPX file, payment for 2 and email sent yesterday
Deb and Steve Kirk
I don't know who to address this to, Debi or Steve, i suppose Debi, Ive yet to be told by El Presidenti Phil that youve entered. I will chase him.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
For info...
This year I'll be checking the entries then sending the details to Wully. So expect the turn around and receipt of bonus locations from Wully to take a few days.
And no we don't just sit around waiting for entries to come in....