Brussels

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
If you've read my ride reports you'll know that I'm not a big fan of Belgium but, three things:

1) This is an attack on all of us, that means you, wherever you live
2) This does not reflect Islam
3) This is not a reason to leave the EU or close borders

Whether or not we should do something specific in response to these attacks it's too early to say but it's not too early for me to know that we should strive to re-assert normality and solidarity as soon as we can.

If you've read my ride reports you'll know that I'm not a big fan of Belgium but, three things:

1) This is an attack on all of us, that means you, wherever you live
2) This does not reflect Islam
3) This is not a reason to leave the EU or close borders

Whether or not we should do something specific in response to these attacks it's too early to say but it's not too early for me to know that we should strive to re-assert normality and solidarity as soon as we can.
Do you mean 2. really serious or is it more a hint of sarcasm??
These barbarians make me sick..

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Islam is practised by some 1.6 billion people across the globe. Almost 1.6 billion of them live entirely peaceful productive lives. To say that these terrorists are representative of Islam is to say that the IRA and the Ku Klux Klan are representative of Christianity.

Some of my closest neighbours are Muslims, none of them are terrorists. The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community owns a farm two miles from my house and every year 30,000+ of them gather there for three days, none of them are terrorists.

These barbarians make all of us sick but they shouldn't make us lose sight of our humanity.

Islam is practised by some 1.6 billion people across the globe. Almost 1.6 billion of them live entirely peaceful productive lives. To say that these terrorists are representative of Islam is to say that the IRA and the Ku Klux Klan are representative of Christianity.

Some of my closest neighbours are Muslims, none of them are terrorists. The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community owns a farm two miles from my house and every year 30,000+ of them gather there for three days, none of them are terrorists.

These barbarians make all of us sick but they shouldn't make us lose sight of our humanity.

Well Bob, I accept your opinion, but I can't share it.
This is not a political forum; so I'll prefer to be silent..

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Eloquently stated, Bob. Condemning all Muslims for the atrocities in Brussels, Paris or anywhere else is akin to portraying all bikers as murderous maniacs because of the guy who was shot dead riding from the Bulldog Bash a few years ago. Condemning them, fearing them, marginalising them will only exacerbate the feelings of alienation that are feeding the fire.

Regards,
Martin