bun burner gold

Am wanting to do the BB Gold, but as I read it cannot do until I have been certified on the Saddlesore 1000 or Bun Burner 1500 which I have done both. Paperwork was sent in 3 1/2 months ago. Is it right you cannot do the BB Gold until you have been certified and typically what is the normal wait time to be certified for the Saddlesore and Bun burner?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The reason we have that rule is because too many folks were attempting the BBG as their first IBA ride and ended up biting off more that they could chew.

Because you have already completed at least an SS1K (even if it has not yet been approved), you have some idea of what the BBG will take. So proceed with your plans.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Am wanting to do the BB Gold, but as I read it cannot do until I have been certified on the Saddlesore 1000 or Bun Burner 1500 which I have done both. Paperwork was sent in 3 1/2 months ago. Is it right you cannot do the BB Gold until you have been certified and typically what is the normal wait time to be certified for the Saddlesore and Bun burner?

I sent in payment with my paper work as ride assn certification info stated. It was a check. Will that check be destroyed and payment requested after approval?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
When you see that check clear your account, you know you've had your ride approved and should see the cert(s), not too long afterward.

Good luck on the BBG ride.