Buying Premier membership as a gift

Bill Lance

Premier Member
Hello,

Is it possible through the store to buy the premier membership as a gift for someone who has an IBA number?

If not, can I purchase a subscription to the magazine for someone else?

Thank you!

Bill Lance

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Bill, the best way to handle that would be an email to me with Premier in the subject line and let us send you a Paypal invoice BUT please wait, we are changing the publication schedule and format for 2016. We are waiting for some publication experts that are doing a review of operations and costs to announce what we are doing for 2016. Also, so many people were confused for the number of issues they would be getting, so we are going to change the computer system to make it more clear.

So if you can hold off for about three weeks, I would appreciate it.

Mike

Hello,

one more question to the premier membership.
I just wantetd to purchase BUT, when I tried to, it says that I have to create a paypal account (what I absolutely DON'T want to do), even if I pay by MasterCard.

Is there a different way to purchase?

Thanks for your help

HAPPY NEW YEAR and lots of safe miles in 2016

Andreas

Lisa

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hello,

one more question to the premier membership.
I just wantetd to purchase BUT, when I tried to, it says that I have to create a paypal account (what I absolutely DON'T want to do), even if I pay by MasterCard.

Is there a different way to purchase?

Thanks for your help

HAPPY NEW YEAR and lots of safe miles in 2016

Andreas
Andreas - you can use paypal without giving anything more than an email address - no personal info. If you have concerns, you can set up a separate free email address exclusively for paypal. The IBA has used PayPal for more than 10 years and it's been a great way for riders to track exactly what they have purchased or which events they are attending. Years ago people had some trepidation about using PayPal but it's been very satisfactory for both organizers and riders - no more lost payments or confusion about registrations.

Hope this helps!

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I took a look at this, yes they try to push you to sign up (which is probably a good idea as makes a lot of transactions easier down the road) but you don't have to - under all the Paypal account sign in on the right mid-page is a smaller link:

Pay with a debit or credit card, or PayPal Credit
(Optional) Join PayPal for faster future checkout

So for example, if you would rather earn frequent flyer miles on your rewards based credit card, you can just pay with your credit card vs using PayPal to pay - no account needed. It is a bit harder then to go back and look at your Paypal transactions - you have to do that all on your credit cards vs the PayPal application which tracks it for you and does so for years and years.

Mike

Thank you Mike,

As I am forwarded to the German PayPal-insert, there is no possibility to pay without PayPal account - you really have to create one.
Anyway, I created a new email adress for PayPal purposes only, signed in and purchased.

Thanks again

Andreas

BMWguy

IBA Member
Andreas,
Just an FYI - PayPal does give you buyer protection and also adds a level of security to any credit card transactions used over the Internet.
Not a bad thing at all - I resisted it for some years until my smarty pants daughter talked me into creating an account.
It payed off on an ebay purchase!!

Mike

Mike,
Thank you for the info.

I created an account as it was neccessary to get a premier membership.
Maybe I'll get used to using it for other transactions... As I get lot's of pishing-mails which look like emails from pp, I was alienated.

Andreas