Calais 7/8/9 Dec

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Raising the tone a bit... If anyone wants a little gentle exercise on Saturday to work off the alcohol, then (weather permitting I may take a walk to a couple of WWII batteries on the coast. You can read more about them here: Battery Oldenburg, and here: Battery Waldam. It's an hour or so each way, but at least it will be flat!

Regards,
Martin

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Sounds good Martin obviously depends on what time we get in Friday !.
Just looked on google maps and the nearest one is 9 mile return trip.
This might make it tight for the rte Saturday at 12.00 . Maybe get a taxi out and walk back.

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi Jon,

I was thinking more of an afternoon amble; group pic at midday followed by lunch (and maybe a beer or two), then head out around 1 pm. 90 minutes there; an hour mooching, back by 5 in time for the evening's festivities - though Saturday is usually more restrained than Friday!

Regards,
Martin

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
...though Saturday is usually more restrained than Friday!

Beginning to think I'm getting to the party too late on Friday, if Saturday is the restrained night! ...hmmm

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
Maybe next year we should extend the doo for the entire week, a bit like the Harley events. :eek:
That way we can fit all the activities in. o_O
I could sell tee shirts for every day you manage to get out of bed and patches for activities undertaken ?.
Of course I will need a solicitor when I get home.

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
Dont get a chill in Calais
Anyone attending the Calais Xmas Doo this weekend can order our Wooly hats or the Excellent new winter buff from the shop and I will deliver in person. (as Santa)
I'm on the bike so space is limited so first come first served. Must be ordered on line by 6pm Thursday 6th Dec
SHOP LINK...
https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/shop.php

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Dont get a chill in Calais
Anyone attending the Calais Xmas Doo this weekend can order our Wooly hats or the Excellent new winter buff from the shop and I will deliver in person. (as Santa)
I'm on the bike so space is limited so first come first served. Must be ordered on line by 6pm Thursday 6th Dec
SHOP LINK...
https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/shop.php
Already ahead of the game....

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
That's typical of John
Look at all those patches and pins on his waist coat.
But you never see any of them in the IBA Shop
:p:p:p:eek:
Steve those badges are for the hard core IBA rider strictly not for caravan towing Goldwing riders.:D

Last edited: