CCC100 Advice

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I finished my CCC100 shorty ago. I had approx. 1hr 50min left over. Full ride report to follow soon.

Thank you to all who provided support and advice along the way.
Congratulations. Looking forward to the report. I slept like a baby for weeks after my 100CCC - hope you do the same. :)

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
if you plan to do 48/10 why not do 48 +Alaska? It's only one more day of blissful riding.
My wife would not put up with the first 48 done in ten days...in the pillion position.

I think I could get her to do a ride up to AK, however, on a couple-week long tour.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
My wife would not put up with the first 48 done in ten days...in the pillion position.

I think I could get her to do a ride up to AK, however, on a couple-week long tour.
My wife was planning on coming along on my 48+ next spring; but backed-out when I showed her the ride plan. :)

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Tying this thread back a bit closer to the OP's topic...

Doing an endurance ride 1-up is one thing. Doing it 2-up is a bit more of a challenge to some.

I planned a ride to SoCal to visit son & DIL for lunch one Saturday. The 500-odd miles twhere we agreed to rendezvous with them was close to the freeway, but a bit of a journey for the kids.

That was a 90 minute stop, which was time to have a bit to eat, and relax and chat.

Once we left, we had 45 minutes of SoCal traffic to contend with. From there, it was simply another 400-odd miles left to get home.

Those last couple of fuel stops weren't of the "gas, pee and go!" variety. We took out time, only because I wanted to make sure she was as comfortable as possible. Again, those lessons of time management were well used on that ride.

David Goebel

Premier Member
Well done! I've been reading your posts and watching your video, just to prepare for half that distance. Thanks for sharing your lessons, that others might follow in your footsteps.