Centenary of Armistice - 2018 Ride

Skidoo

Premier Member
OK Guys and Girls, the 11/11/2018 is fast approaching

NOTE:
We have adjusted the times offering flexibility and enough time for those attending the Canberra service. The completion time is from 06:00am and 10:00am on the 11/11/18 adhering to IBA ride rules.

A group of us will be meeting at McDonalds Gold Creek. 2 O'Hanlon Place Nicholls ACT at about 06:00am.
https://goo.gl/maps/Hyo6NACptA62

At this stage we have public parking available in White Cres, Campbel ACT however this may change slightly on the day. This is approximately a 1km walk from the War Memorial.
For those attending the Service on the day, would you mind texting me (including your name) so I can pass on any any updates and the exact location for parking on the day.

Attachments

Got a question - the answer is somewhere here I guess. Going through a town called Pingaring here in WA has a General Store but not open for Fuel on a Saturday. Do I just take a pic of my bike in front of the shop as evidence?

Skidoo

Premier Member
Got a question - the answer is somewhere here I guess. Going through a town called Pingaring here in WA has a General Store but not open for Fuel on a Saturday. Do I just take a pic of my bike in front of the shop as evidence?
Hi Steelo
Its up to the rider to provide proof of the location/date/time etc. We have to be creative and think laterally; planning is half the fun.
If Pingaring is not a corner, I would suggest a photo with your bike would be sufficient in front of the shop.
If Pingaring is a corner and no receipt is available, the location could be validated by numerous methods including, 'pinging' a SPOT, taking a photo of your bike with a news paper validating date in front of the shop to name a couple of methods.

Most of the answers are available online or in ride reports, enjoy your planning and not long to go before the ride :)

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Steelo Good to see your out for a ride.
Evidence need not be all about fuel dockets.
Ive just had a look at the town and it has for example a business name sign on the side of a building just south of the Post Office.
The sign reads JG Mechanical Services 668088.
You could take a pick of your bike at this site or the Post Office.
Make your phone create a geodata snap of a pic with your bike at either site. Send yourself a text at that location.
You can send me a text of the place and the bike even yourself in the pic. Include the ODO milage.
You could send the nest to TJ or even post the pics into this topic while your in situe.
Strava? perhaps.
Cant spell the thing for quids but my boss uses it to track his rides.
Think outside the box and for sure your getting data to tick all the boxes.
Enjoy your ride mate.

Fatman

Steelo, a pic of your GPS coordinates may be helpful also?

Have a Spot Tracker is there enough evidence on the recorded track to cover what I need to submit. I have 2 mates riding with me can they use my spot track as evidence as well as some group pics at the places we cant get fuel reciepts to make our POPPY word?
Here's our planned route. https://goo.gl/maps/F4iZHfURGY52

Last edited:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Stello
Each individual in your group is required to document their own rides. Thats Start witnesses, Start dockets ODos , their own Ride log needs to be filled in.
Your SPOT is only supporting evidence. Its not the whole game. You have particular place that presents a particular notation issue. Spot and the other options thus posted relate to that actual difficulty... not the whole ride.
" places we cant get fuel reciepts"
That seems to have grown from Pingaring to perhaps some others.
ATMs
Your SPOT
A police station
A ticket for a ride on a train,
A photo of your bike odo infront of a recognisable major distinguishable structure... with all three elements clearly visible.
A Text from that location with any or all the above
A purchase of a chocolate bar with a reciepts for same with the golden Date, Time and Location.
A bloody meat tray win with the above. Data.
The town of Pingaring has a Post Office. If you need this place then design your ride to work in business hours and use its ATM to get a docket.

OH and your route is only 1583k ? Thats not even enough distance.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
"O"
What place is the O.
Your major corners need attention. I started your route from Bencubbin and traveled anti clockwise as far as Yercoin?

Scarp

Premier Member
OK Guys and Girls, the 11/11/2018 is fast approaching

NOTE:
We have adjusted the times offering flexibility and enough time for those attending the Canberra service. The completion time is from 06:00am and 10:00am on the 11/11/18 adhering to IBA ride rules.
Thanks for that Skidoo you have just made my ride that much easier saves me sitting around till 9.30am

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Hi all,
Despite having this ride planned for months, I have had to bow out of this one at this late stage.
My pain and physical condition is such that I will not attempt to complete the ride to Canberra.
I am considering an alternate "POPPY" SS1600, out and back from home, but at this stage that, too, may not be likely.

To all those attending - have a fantastic and safe ride there, enjoy the ceremonies and the fellowship, and I'll read the reports when done!

Fatman

Hi all,
Despite having this ride planned for months, I have had to bow out of this one at this late stage.
My pain and physical condition is such that I will not attempt to complete the ride to Canberra.
I am considering an alternate "POPPY" SS1600, out and back from home, but at this stage that, too, may not be likely.

To all those attending - have a fantastic and safe ride there, enjoy the ceremonies and the fellowship, and I'll read the reports when done!
Sorry you can't make it to Canberra Nico, hopefully you may be able to do an "out and back", I know you will if able.

tj189

Premier Member
Ongerup. Also updated route https://goo.gl/maps/Uvdnaz7HkP52

POPPY = Pingelly, Ongerup, Pingrup, Pingaring, York
Starting in Pingelly, Sleep in Wongan Hills. 3am start Sunday to get back to Pingelly by 10am.
Steelo, I am assuming that you have planned a number of other locations to also obtain documentation that will show your actual route and not just the POPPY ones?
good luck with the ride.