Certification wait times.

I mailed my 1st SS1000 paperwork in October 13, 2021. I am planning on leaving April 23, 2022 for a 7,000+/- ride to include 2 BBG rides. I have not received my SS1000 or a notification it was even received. I would like to know my BBG rides will be recognized and certified still. I will be submitting these rides electronically.

Thank you.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Mailed submissions never get confirmation of receipt. That's unpleasant, but it's always been that way.

LeMaitre gives a reasonable option. There is no time limit on submitting rides as long as your documentation is still legible.

With the extended wait times for international rides, I suspect you may be better off submitting your rides normally. Just put a short note that your original ride is still pending verification as the reason you do not have an IBA number. Do not say you are a "new" member (as the reason you don't have an IBA number). You would not want two IBA numbers issued, that would complicate things.

Submitting the BBG rides is fine. The purpose of requiring a SS1K or BB1500 type ride first is so that riders are more aware of the challenges to their body and riding needs before doing a more extreme ride like a BBG. You did that, (congrats), so don't worry about submitting the BBGs and have a great ride.