City Limits

Georgemowry

Happy Motorcyclist
Premier Member
IBA Member
Does anyone have suggestions for exact city limits maps of Sacramento, San Diego, Phoenix, Albuquerque and other cities? I want to ride some of the rides pioneered by the master of this insanity: Dave McQueeney. Having completed the Los Angeles In City 1000, the city limits can be surprising!

Georgemowry

Happy Motorcyclist
Premier Member
IBA Member
What I am seeking is more than a google map. The map must show exact city boundaries so that the ride is within the city at all times.

It would be unfortunate and just my luck to ride through all the traffic only to find that I really didn’t ride within the city.

Kylearane

Premier Member
What I am seeking is more than a google map. The map must show exact city boundaries so that the ride is within the city at all times.

It would be unfortunate and just my luck to ride through all the traffic only to find that I really didn’t ride within the city.
There was a discussion a while back about this in a post titled Pre Ride Approval. Dave McQueeney linked to a mapping application called ACME Mapper.

Hope this helps.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff

There are multiple maps online. If, for example you Google "Sacramento city limits map," it returns multiple results. Try it!

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

keithu

Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
San Diego seems very doable, although there appears to be a tiny section of I-15 near MCAS Miramar that may or may not be City of San Diego. Some maps show it as not being in city limits, but when I clicked on the parcel on the SanGIS Parcel Map it shows a "San Diego" address.

Georgemowry

Happy Motorcyclist
Premier Member
IBA Member
My bad, kw. If you are interested I am interested in Tucson city limits. Ha ha. Maybe someday . . . . We could ride the Tucson kilo together! G.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
<...>Maybe someday . . . . We could ride the Tucson kilo together! G.
Naah, we'll both be in the afterlife. Currently zero viable routes at this time for that ride here. Simply too many city limits discontinuities along the one major Interstate we have locally.

New to the forums, so I'm reviving this thread. I'm looking to ride the Phoenix 1000 in the next week. I have the route loop mapped out showing it entirely inside the city limits of Phoenix. If I use Spotwalla, am I good to ride and submit without necessitating prior approval? Or how long does it take to get the approval, and how do I go about submitting it? Merry Christmas, everyone!

yon

Premier Member
New to the forums, so I'm reviving this thread. I'm looking to ride the Phoenix 1000 in the next week. I have the route loop mapped out showing it entirely inside the city limits of Phoenix. If I use Spotwalla, am I good to ride and submit without necessitating prior approval? Or how long does it take to get the approval, and how do I go about submitting it? Merry Christmas, everyone!
You're going to want to get prior approval for the ride. I've gotten two rides approved, one In-City and one In-County. There was some back and forth with the In-County as the county line ended up running down one highway I had initially chosen at one point.

Better to be safe and get approval then get denied after the ride.

Spotwalla will be required for the ride regardless.

Last edited: