Clarification on "Custom SS1000" ride rules

Dave28117

Premier Member
I'm planning a few "custom" rides and need a bit of clarification. I have in mind a DS1000 ride, going from my home in NC to David Kentucky, Scott Georgia, and returning home. the towns of David and Scott do not have readily available receipts (no gas stations). Is it acceptable to capture a picture of the bike in front of a post office or church bearing the names of the towns? I'd be using spotwalla tracking so there would be a track showing the route as well as embedded pictures there. I have another ride in mind travelling to towns called "Mooresville" with similar restrictions.

I suspect this could be useful info for anyone planning such a ride. could someone clarifiy?

TIA!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@outdoorsntn is probably a good resource to ask on this.

IMHO, (and I am not the IBA), Since you are not starting or ending in David, KY or Scott, GA, both of which are unincorporated townships, the embedded pictures should be fine to add those names to your ride as places you went through. You will still need to have the normal receipts every 350 miles or less. I see a post office in David, but Scott gets their mail from the nearby town of Adrian, GA. There appear to be a couple of churches with Scott in the name that have signage.

The threshold for intermediate cities/towns on your ride is lower than for a start/finish location, just in terms of what you want listed on your certificate wording. It's not really the same as the verification points for the ride to ensure the mileage.

Hope that helps and outdoorsntn can correct or confirm.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If I were riding that ride (not sure of where "home", NC is exactly) I'd collect a corner receipt at Prestonsburg near David and another one at Dublin near Scott. The 'David' 'Scott' pics are great, but with the nearby towns providing opportunities for proper receipts the task is made easier for the verification team.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Fall back on the basic rule - it's up to you to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim by submitting sufficient documentation to do so. No certificate has ever been denied due to too much documentation. :)

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association