Cloud Cover 1600K

Skidoo

Premier Member
Gee your punching out the rides Craig :D Looks like your ride fit and ready for a 'big' adventure. Great report, are you sure that Ms Wom dosent write them up as you you punch the rides out like muffins.

Backtracking for fuel; that's certainly not an issu, less embarrising that running dry 1km short. What majestic roads you have so close to home.

Tell me, do you actually buy the cherry rides or do you just carry on your tank bag :eek:

Rusjel

Premier Member
Good ride mate and making good time in the twisties despite the knobbies.

If you have a mind to, post up some pics of your Tractionators, I'd be interested to see how they are wearing. A lot of people have warned me off the front Tractionator, I'm interested in your impressions once you get some dirt miles on it.

Tele

Premier Member
Well done once again Craig. Your physio University course has finished eh ? :D:D Who would have guessed ;)
You could have called this one "Back With a Vengeance" the way you managed to wrench that poor AT around those mountains.:p
Reading your rides over the past few weeks is like a good book ..... I keep opening up the Forum waiting for the next exciting instalment.
Surely that beautiful Road King is due out for its turn soon? It must be jealous of the younger lads in the shed.

Wombattle

Surely that beautiful Road King is due out for its turn soon? It must be jealous of the younger lads in the shed.
After 95000kms the Road King was transformed into the Africa Twin Tele. So I'm without HOG, but that's not permanent I can assure you!

Wombattle

If you have a mind to, post up some pics of your Tractionators, I'd be interested to see how they are wearing. A lot of people have warned me off the front Tractionator, I'm interested in your impressions once you get some dirt miles on it.
I like the Tractionator Adventure rear but didn't really like the look of the original Tractionator Adventure Front and preferred to use a Kenda Big Blocks e.g. on my Dusty Butt. I'm testing out the new Tractionator Adventure 2 on the front, it's more like the Big Block tread pattern but deeper, a bit more spread out and the tyre is a little heavier. I've put close to 3000kms on this set now including the Bridle Track on a little ride with a couple of legends :). Grip and wear are fine at this stage. You can see the rear of the centre knobs are showing some wear, most likely from hard road braking during this ride I reckon. There's a bit of wear on the edges of the outer knobs too, not sure how that got there :). The rear is wearing consistently, I usually change them earlier than most but have no probs getting 9000-10000ks out of them. Perhaps not as long lasting as the K60's but I like their performance on dirt and in mud better. Is the Tractionator front better than the Kenda - don't know yet.

Here's the front

uNRgbQX2Th2VevRBgjVx1g-e1515295018863.jpg

Here's the rear.

8843GJQ1Q2COWTtshhJSew-e1515295040197.jpg

Rusjel

Premier Member
Looks pretty good Craig, thanks! Good enough to try a front on the Kato.

I've had trouble getting any more than 6k out of Heidi Scouts, TKCs, Pirelli Rallyes or the Tractionators on the Tiger or the Kato. May have to 'revise riding habits'.