Comments - Australian Specific Rides

ACTCapo

Quick question: would Zetland (suburb of Sydney) be ok for the ANZAC ride? I want to have a crack at it, but not wanting to plan a border crossing into VIC to Zeerust. Thanks.

Last edited:

Skidoo

Premier Member
May have struck an issue - Canberra Dawn Service is a ticketed event this year and already sold out. What would I need to verify my "attendance"?
Hi ACTCapo

Due to these unprecedented conditions, we need to make ‘reasonable’ adjustments.

It is acceptable during COVID19 to make the following adjustment to the ride rules.

In the event of not being able to attend the Dawn Service due to local legislation and requirements, a photo, date/time stamped of the Dawn Service will suffice even if it’s from a distance.

Enjoy the ride.

tj189

Premier Member
I know its not ANZAC weekend, but I could copy this ride and call it My First Qualifying ride for the IBA.
Would that be ok?
I've been waiting years to be finally have time to do a few of these rides.

Hopey
G'day Hopey,

Welcome along to the forum, lots of great information on here and the IBA Australia web page. If you feel like it, pop into the Welcome page and drop an introduction.

Not sure what you are hoping to gain with this. You would not be completing the ANZAC Day Ride as it would not fit in with the rule requirements. If you are looking to complete a SS1600k for instance, then the choice of route is yours and yes you could find towns with those letters. The intent and spirit of this ride is that it be completed on ANZAC Day.
Best wish for your first ride.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Welcome hoppy.

FWIW keep the first few rides simple. Your skills will develop and before long your be absorbed into the more challenging/interesting ones and then there be no stopping you.

Enjoy the journey and hope to catch up sometime on the road mate.

Biggles

Premier Member
I know its not ANZAC weekend, but I could copy this ride and call it My First Qualifying ride for the IBA.
Would that be ok?
I've been waiting years to be finally have time to do a few of these rides.
Welcome aboard this special interest group.
I detect you'd like to do a themed ride, and one that's coming up is the Winter Solstice. Go and read up on the Four Seasons Ride. The key constraint is it must begin and/or end on the date of the solstice where you live. Being a pedant, I confined mine to that 24 hour day. For the southern hemisphere this year it is Tuesday, June 21. A simple "out and back" ride will see you set and then keen to do the other three Seasons Rides. Looking for somewhere warmer for the shortest day of the year, I rode from Brisbane to Augathella and back which was officially recognised as 1643km.
Next year you'll be all experienced and ready to do the ANZAC Ride.

Hopey

Thank you very much for the warm welcome.
Looking forward to doing a few rides and catching up with a few of you in the near future.
Tuesday the 21st June for a out and back ride sounds like the Go
Michelago to Walcha and back, 1680ks, easy highway early morning and late home run with some nice corners during the middle of the day.
Lock it in, leave applied for.
Hopey

Ed.

Premier Member
G'day Hopey,
Michelago?....1190R?....likes a longer ride? I have a sneaking suspicion I may have met you a few years ago. Maybe through Pete M? I am just across the river from you.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thank you very much for the warm welcome.
Looking forward to doing a few rides and catching up with a few of you in the near future.
Tuesday the 21st June for a out and back ride sounds like the Go
Michelago to Walcha and back, 1680ks, easy highway early morning and late home run with some nice corners during the middle of the day.
Lock it in, leave applied for.
Hopey
We might see you out there on the 21st June. A winter solstice SS1600 from Canberra is go.