Comments - Australian Specific Rides

Ed.

Premier Member
Yeah Hopey, I think you should be able to go in and edit (bottom left next to "Report") the first post in this thread and change the title in there....maybe...

Hopey

Congrats Hopey!!!

Now you can join the 50CC Anniversary ride with your shiny ew number.
See you at the starting line.
Absolutely working on that one, just got to survive 2 months working in the US

Hey Question if I may on this CC50, I was thinking I'd swag it the first night or not a good idea?

Hopey

Hopey

Also planning a BBK2500 Gold when I get back to get a few more runs on the board.

Should be doable if not I just go for the 36 hours

Start at Hume Servo in the ACT, head to Pheasant Nest fill up go under the little tunnel to the other side head to the Ampol at Holbrook ( second entry) just over 400 ks nice time to stop and fuel up
Head back to Pheasant Nest, rinse and repeat 3 times get a IBA each time of course and then stop for IBA once I get to 2575, either Golburn or Marulan will be able to get a good average (if the trucks don't stay side by side for too long)

Does this sound of? Is it in the spirit of a ride?
the ACT insanity sounds the go one year as well.

Just wondering.
Thanks

Hopey

tj189

Premier Member
Also planning a BBK2500 Gold when I get back to get a few more runs on the board.

Should be doable if not I just go for the 36 hours

Start at Hume Servo in the ACT, head to Pheasant Nest fill up go under the little tunnel to the other side head to the Ampol at Holbrook ( second entry) just over 400 ks nice time to stop and fuel up
Head back to Pheasant Nest, rinse and repeat 3 times get a IBA each time of course and then stop for IBA once I get to 2575, either Golburn or Marulan will be able to get a good average (if the trucks don't stay side by side for too long)

Does this sound of? Is it in the spirit of a ride?
the ACT insanity sounds the go one year as well.

Just wondering.
Thanks

Hopey
May I suggest that you have a read of the rules for the SaddleSore Series of rides as they form basis for most of our rides, specifically the information regarding routes that are repetitive in nature. Is it within the intent and spirit of the ride, it would be suggested that it is not. There are of course, some rides that are repetive, e.g., ACT Insanity which fits in with the spirit and intent of that ride.

You could simply do a 1300Km out and back from the ACT by heading north to Gympie Qld, if you wish to stay on the dual carriageway (except for Coffs Harbour).

Best wishes with your choice of challenges.

Hopey

May I suggest that you have a read of the rules for the SaddleSore Series of rides as they form basis for most of our rides, specifically the information regarding routes that are repetitive in nature. Is it within the intent and spirit of the ride, it would be suggested that it is not. There are of course, some rides that are repetive, e.g., ACT Insanity which fits in with the spirit and intent of that ride.

You could simply do a 1300Km out and back from the ACT by heading north to Gympie Qld, if you wish to stay on the dual carriageway (except for Coffs Harbour).

Best wishes with your choice of challenges.

Thanks TJ
I understand and read the rules a few time, they don't mind repetitive circles, actually trying to do one here of Virginia while I'm in the US. They did talk about not liking 8 laps of a 155 mile circuit.
this is a 800K out and back 3 times, but I will try to adjust it a little(head in to Victoria) but trying to stay in the 110 kph so a better chance to make the 2550K in 24 hours.
I'll let you know what I come up with, maybe stretch it out to 550ks between fuel and turn arounds

Thank you for you advice

Hopey

Skidoo

Premier Member
It looks like your having a ball planning and strategising rides Hopey, great to see!

I found many years ago I enjoyed the planning and pushing my limits both in skill and ride flexibility. Not necessarily finding an easier or more direct route, rather creating a memory that can be talked about and shared for years inspiring others to have a go And push their individual limits.

FWIW an example late last year during a top end 50CC, a planned fuel stop north of the Three Ways closed 45 minutes early. I rang the night before confirming opening hours. I wasn’t overly impressed to say the least but prior planning saved my ride.

You wouldn’t believe it, following on from this ride a few days later whilst attempting the west coast 50CC, I had exactly the same thing happen some hundreds of kilometres south of Perth.

To be honest, I treasure when plans fall apart, not necessarily from poor planning but unforced circumstances like traversing 100’s of kilometres in floodwater, tyre changes during long rides, riding home 3,500 kilometres after a major roo strike to finish a 10/10ths then having the GTR written off by insurance.

To me, this is what IBA rides are all about, they are character building and this translates to unforgettable memories.

What’s my biggest buzz Hopey, it’s all about inspiring fellow riders pushing their individual limits on any type or sized bike safely. We’ve got nutters that have ridden 1600k on posties, 50CC‘S on 125cc bikes just to name a few crazy things we all do.

IMG_0217.png IMG_0216.png IMG_0215.png IMG_0208.png IMG_0240.png IMG_0219.png IMG_0246.png IMG_0245.png IMG_0241.png IMG_0237.png
edit typo and add photo

Last edited:

Hopey

Thank you Skidoo
That's why it has taken me 10 years to get my first ride under my belt.

I have so many different routes picked out now just have to slow down and smell the roses to make time to the rides.

Hopey