Complaint about Certification time

mohamed krema

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi all
I completed my first saddle sore in October 2019 and i send all data in email
And i completed my second saddle sore in February 2020 and it was too hard because i do it by 150 cc scooter and send all data in email
And I receive an automatic reply that they got my mails
And I didn’t receive any mail after that
I’m really disappointed cause i work so hard because I’m living in egypt and made this rides in egypt and didn’t have my respect until know
I send many mails and didn’t have any answer what i can do ?

Hi Ira,

I believe you're aware of my group's submission (Sept 2020).It is our first ride and we really hope to get it in the books so that we are motivated and encouraged to do the next one. Many others in my MC are looking up to us to guide them on their first IB ride, but how can we do it not knowing our submission status or if it indeed correct and follows the process?
It has been a year and many follow up's and I've not receive any update on the certification despite few promises made via fb group and michael kneebone's email to follow up on 10th july but nothing happened. I even got blocked from the FB group just because i asked valid questions which many of the folks agree as well. I don't think this is professional and ethical given we are all adults and matured enough to handle and answer questions as an admin instead of kicking people off. I hope it doesn't happen to me here :)

Appreciate if you can kindly check with the relevant stakeholders and provide an update on my groups submission.

Thank you Sir/Madam

mohamed krema

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Ira,

I believe you're aware of my group's submission (Sept 2020).It is our first ride and we really hope to get it in the books so that we are motivated and encouraged to do the next one. Many others in my MC are looking up to us to guide them on their first IB ride, but how can we do it not knowing our submission status or if it indeed correct and follows the process?
It has been a year and many follow up's and I've not receive any update on the certification despite few promises made via fb group and michael kneebone's email to follow up on 10th july but nothing happened. I even got blocked from the FB group just because i asked valid questions which many of the folks agree as well. I don't think this is professional and ethical given we are all adults and matured enough to handle and answer questions as an admin instead of kicking people off. I hope it doesn't happen to me here :)

Appreciate if you can kindly check with the relevant stakeholders and provide an update on my groups submission.

Thank you Sir/Madam
I didn’t have any answer until now too ☹️

Baxter

I'm assuming that the people doing verification are volunteers, and maybe IBA gets an overwhelming number of rides to review during the North American riding season. If there's a sign up, I'll volunteer.

I'm in the same boat (which is an odd way to put it for a motorcycle group;)). I mailed a Lake Michigan 1000 on or about July 27, 2021 and haven't heard anything, even an acknowledgement of receipt. But I'm not going to worry until December.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
There is quite a bit of training involved in becoming part of a verification team. For obvious reasons, the IBA wants to be quite certain that the submitted ride was really ridden in accordance with the IBA standards. It may seem simple on the rider's end, but if every submission was just quickly skimmed and approved, there wouldn't be any value in being an IBA member and having public documentation that you did the rides you say you have done, (once verified). It can sometimes be difficult to verify some DBRs with international submissions, which slows the process. I am not part of a verification team, so I don't even know if the teams are doing international submissions, or Mike Kneebone is personally handling those, which would mean a big backlog. There have been some issue in the past with fraudulent submissions and extra scrutiny is applied now because of that.

It is disappointing to wait an unusually long time. I understand your frustration.

hi folks...it has been 15months since we submitted our documentation and until today we have not heard anything back from IBA regarding the certification. This is not even the mail package i'm talking about but just mere email certification... takes so long? I seriously doubt it. Mike Kneebone told me back in July this year that its ready to be issued and when i followed up, it has been a complete radio silence. No reply to my emails since July. What is happening with IBA? We spent so much of time and energy to plan the route and ride the said distance looking forward to some form of written achievement but all our hopes are crushed with the non response. I'm shocked on how this is being managed on an international level.

Snip below of the email from mr kneebone telling that my group's ride is ready to be issued but nothing came.

There a lot of admins and senior members with IBA. Can someone please help to look into this? It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

tempsnip.png

Hello all.
I just created an ID so I could ask about my certification status. I have emailed and sent a follow up letter with no reply.
I thought it was a long time since I sent in all my documentation in Oct of 2021. Then I see the above post waiting more that 2 years and nothing?
Is there anything I (we) can do to accelerate the process? Volunteer to help?
I did not receive any correspondence that my packet was even received.
Any help would be great.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@RILUSI - This is not really a venue to complain or discover info about rides submitted for certification, although you clearly see those posts. If you mailed your original documentation in, you would not normally receive any confirmation that it was received. There are far too many rides submitted for them to go look for one and give you an update. That sucks, but that's how it is.

If you submit electronically, you do get a canned response that it was received. If you did send yours electronically and did not receive a response, it likely didn't go to the correct email address and you may want to resubmit it, being careful what email address you send it to.

Was your ride a basic SS1K ride or something else?

@Eric.. Thanks for your reply.
Sorry I did not see any where else to inquire. And this thread appeared to be the place.
I submitted certification via US mail. Did both the Saddle Sore and Butt Burner. I believe all my documentation is in good order.
Have been doing cross country trips annually for 18 years in a row. Figured I should make the Iron Butt official.
Do I just wait or ? Any suggestions?

Thank you

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@RILUSI - I agree that it's a problem. Normal US certificates rides have been taking 4-6 months lately from what I've seen posted here at in other venues. By that standard, you rides are coming up in the system and hopefully will be verified soon. Try not to worry about it for a couple more months. Odds are good you'll have your certs by then. If not, I'd be tempted to scan all your documentation and re-submit it electronically.