Delorme inReach SE for CC50 Quest

AndyBlila

Premier Member
This will be my first certification ride with this device. I used my phone for Spotwalla in the past, but I want the standalone device to update Spotwalla. My question for y’all is....can i leave that thing on all night and will it resume tracking in the morning when I start again?

DrNeo

Premier Member
I have the Garmin inReach (same tech, new plastic) and I think you should be fine for battery life. The device will keep tracking until you tell it to stop, or the battery runs out. Mine will start to chime at you if the battery is below 25%. You'll need to set up Spotwalla correctly too. I'm curious on why you aren't going to turn it off when you're at sleep?

AndyBlila

Premier Member
I have the Garmin inReach (same tech, new plastic) and I think you should be fine for battery life. The device will keep tracking until you tell it to stop, or the battery runs out. Mine will start to chime at you if the battery is below 25%. You'll need to set up Spotwalla correctly too. I'm curious on why you aren't going to turn it off when you're at sleep?
First time using it. No other reason. How do I get it to update my final position?

Brian Thorn

Premier Member
First time using it. No other reason. How do I get it to update my final position?
I can't speak for your version, but the Garmin inReach allows me to set a preset message such as "I'm ending my ride for the time being" which sends the message to your pre-determined person(s) along with a lat/long.