Devon RTE 25/03/2017

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I plan to be there Saturday night but the RTE is sat 25th @ noon. Gives me time to get over the jet lag from the RTE in Jacksonville.
Are you leaving your GS in the States for the rally Dave ? or do you have a second bike now ?

Last edited:

orestesdjc

Premier Member
No, just the one bike which will be shipped out in early June. Just thought I'd pop over to Florida for the Daytona Pizza party and pick a few brains for tips and advice. May rent a bike for a few days but rates are extortionate due to bike week.

I have just booked the Hotel for a Friday arrival for me (Graham) and the wife Sharon. We will be colleting a few bonus locations while we are down there. We are looking forward to seeing you guys and gals down there.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
I don't finish work till midnight on the Friday so having a few hours kip and sentingoff about 03.30 ish (from near york) and ride straight down

Ok we will see you down there as it happens we are both off that week on holiday so we decided to have a mini break and go down on the Friday and have a bit of a ride about.

orestesdjc

Premier Member
I have just booked the Hotel for a Friday arrival for me (Graham) and the wife Sharon. We will be colleting a few bonus locations while we are down there. We are looking forward to seeing you guys and gals down there.
Looking forward to meeting you. Looks like it's going to be a good weekend.

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Stick us on the list Dave please,Denise is coming as well to keep an eye on me this year.
Thanks a lot JC.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Looking like a good turn out, so I better come down and keep an eye on the Yorkshire crowd for the Saterday night only :D
Please add me to the list Dave

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Dave as you are going to Florida here are a few laws you should be aware of !!!

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

You may not fart in a public place after 6 PM.

It is considered an offense to shower naked.

You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

Florida (accidentally) banned all computers and smart phones in internet cafes

City Laws in Florida
Datona Beach
The molestation of trash cans is banned.
:):):):)

orestesdjc

Premier Member
Just been speaking to Laura at the West Country Inn and they have no more rooms available for the Saturday night, we've even overflowed into the caravan park. I'm now staying Fri and Sat.

Last edited:

biquer

Premier Member
I dunno yet Coxy, he's a busy bee this year.
I've paid for a room so if he doesn't go, I'll have to pressgang someone else. Being a man after your own heart there's no way I'm paying for a whole room myself!