Dipping my Toe in

HACKLE

Congratulations. An excellent report on your meander. I have a 2.5 litre drink jug in a thermal cover strapped to my pillion
peg with the drink hose running up the right side to a small cable tie through one of the zip pulls on the tank bag. There is enough hose through the cable tie to allow me to simply raise the front of my Shoei Neotec helmet for a drink. You had the advantage of fast interstates to achieve your higher average speed. All good. Now that's behind you, the planning starts for the next one.​

Traxx

Premier Member
I have replaced the RF1200 with a RPHA 90 modular so I will be able to drink when on the move.
Yes the planning has started on the BB1500, I don't think that I want to do another out and back. A big loop through a few states is what I have in mind for this one, but I am also thinking about picking a destination and hitting it hard to get there and meander back home smelling the flowers.

Traxx

Premier Member
I got that special e-mail this morning. Did the Paypal thing and hopefully I will have a packet waiting for me when I get home from sea.
Time to do a little planning for the next one. Oh and I just gotta get the T-shirt.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
That's really fast. All my rides tend to average about 50 - 52 MPH no matter what, IBA rides included and that's with no breaks and three stints of over 200 miles on the tank. I think the longest rest stop was one I ate at in the evening, where I brought my own food and ate in the service station parking lot. It was something like 15 - 17 minutes (fuel, bathroom, eat, drink, go-go-go).

I can only imagine what actual speed you were averaging while on the superslab. Wow. You make it look easy. Congrats!
It isn't difficult to maintain an overall rapid rate providing you choose a good route and keep your stops as short as possible. I am not one to routinely exceed the posted limits (ask anyone around here who has ridden with me) but I was still able to crank out this BBG with the four mandatory fuel stops along the way (without documenting the ride, I could do it with 2 or 3 fuel stops depending on head winds). This was from Gerlach, NV to Minot, ND so it included a healthy mix of interstate and US/State highways.

18920452_1676894395657977_2746662043873065820_n.jpg

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
You don't often exceed posted limits but your max speed is approaching Mach 2? :) Where and what do you ride? JK
That was a calculation error brought about by poor signal reception a number of years ago (my 376c had a Max Speed of over 1800 mph listed) I never clear that in case someday in the course of a crash investigation someone wants to use my GPS data they'll likely decide it isn't a reliable source. :eek:

Alternative answer: I don't always exceed the speed limit, but when I do.... :D

Horseiron1

Premier Member
I got that special e-mail this morning. Did the Paypal thing and hopefully I will have a packet waiting for me when I get home from sea.
Time to do a little planning for the next one. Oh and I just gotta get the T-shirt.
This gives me hope. My certification should be coming soon. I sent mine in on September 5. So I just need to be a little more patient. Congrats on yours.