Does anyone have an experiance with KNOPF rentals (Germany)?

Amnon Romano

Premier Member
I consider renting a bike from the KNOPF rental company in Germany.
The company itself seems to be relayable.
My concern is about the bikes. They offer a BMW R1150RT that I'm afraid to be too old for the 5-days rally I intend to use it for.
Any past experiance from anyone here with this company will be a great help and would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Amnon

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
My concern is about the bikes. They offer a BMW R1150RT that I'm afraid to be too old for the 5-days rally I intend to use it for.
Any past experiance from anyone here with this company will be a great help and would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Amnon
You might want to ask the question in the IBA Germany portion of the Forum.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
Thanks,
Amnon
Hi Amnon, I am part of the German group, although originally from the US. Although I have no experience renting from KNOPF or from other companies in Europe, I have researched renting here and have found that most companies charge exhorbitant rates for mileage. They really are not used to IB types renting from them. So, be careful!

In my opinion, a R1150RT that is well maintained should have no problem covering a 5 day rally.