Drains 2k jaunt

Off at 1am or a loop through QLD.
I rode a loop out to Cameron Corner and back a few weeks back. This was a 3200km loop in 32 hours but spot quit on me so, you know, no proof it didnt happen ;-)
this time I made sure it works early. Track will start at about midnight

https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/e860-2633392a-c745/view

Its been a while since I used a routing program, its shows, it took a good 5 minutes to do what took 1 in the not so distant past, so I'm just cruising up to Gympie west to Augathella, down to Cunnamullla and home via Goondiwindi. The magenta line for company and not much else.

Thanks all, I hope you enjoyed seeing the track emerge.

A cool dark night up to the intersection north of Gympie where the magenta line headed west along the Wide Bay Hwy. The night turned into daylight along there somewhere in the farming land. Just me ,three wallabies and some traffic lights on roadworks.
Heading west along to Mitchell and Augathella, cruise on, music on, a lovely temperate day with little traffic to kick off the cruise for and by Augathella the halfway mark was close enough to call it halfway.
Down to Cunnamulla, the Caltex all boarded up and is no longer a fuel stop, heading east now to St George and Goondiwindi for a fuel splash. Turns out there would be no splash as the bowsers were vapour locked and so buying a chokky milk with a reciept became the game and instead splashed fuel in Yelarbon.
From Gundy to Warwick I followed a paddy wagon that matched my mood and pace as well a storm that matched my pace and stayed in front the whole way east, the road still dryish, the night air clammy with humidity and heading down the Cunnighams Gap made good time back to Windaroo for a close out reciept.

2113km 20 hr and a bit. All good. all done.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks all, I hope you enjoyed seeing the track emerge.

A cool dark night up to the intersection north of Gympie where the magenta line headed west along the Wide Bay Hwy. The night turned into daylight along there somewhere in the farming land. Just me ,three wallabies and some traffic lights on roadworks.
Heading west along to Mitchell and Augathella, cruise on, music on, a lovely temperate day with little traffic to kick off the cruise for and by Augathella the halfway mark was close enough to call it halfway.
Down to Cunnamulla, the Caltex all boarded up and is no longer a fuel stop, heading east now to St George and Goondiwindi for a fuel splash. Turns out there would be no splash as the bowsers were vapour locked and so buying a chokky milk with a reciept became the game and instead splashed fuel in Yelarbon.
From Gundy to Warwick I followed a paddy wagon that matched my mood and pace as well a storm that matched my pace and stayed in front the whole way east, the road still dryish, the night air clammy with humidity and heading down the Cunnighams Gap made good time back to Windaroo for a close out reciept.

2113km 20 hr and a bit. All good. all done.
How good is this! Well done Ian!