Email notifications?

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
It has been a LONG time (literally months) since I have received an email notification about activity on "watched" forums or threads. I own the domain and know for certain this is not a SPAM filter, blacklist, or whitelist issue (there are none in place). With as much SPAM as I collect on that domain's "Catch-All" account, there is no way notifications should not be getting through.

Any admins around with access to the logs that might be able to figure out where is the hitch in the git-along?

P.S. It is the same address attached to the LDRider list. I realize it is an entirely different system, but as a data point, the mailbox is currently only 6% full and the LDRider email comes through just fine.

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Well, I took a look at your Forum account and see nothing that would be blocking the emails. I see the "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" box is checked. So is "Receive site mailings".

If you are certain you know the email address you're using and the threads you are watching have had some activity, then the only other thing I can think of is they are getting caught by a spam filter.

As an additional data point, I have been getting those kind of messages. So the system seems to be working at our end..

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Thank you for looking into it, Ira. Pretty certain it is not a SPAM filter. I have that completely disabled (and there are no filters set on this account).

Screenshot_20201126-193943_Firefox.jpg
Perhaps I will try using a different email address on my other domain and see what happens. I just like keeping all my motorcycle related email tied to this one address...

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Wow! That was the most harrowing 30 minutes of the day! Tried changing my email address and never got the email to confirm that I actually want to change my email address. Consequently I was barred from replying, posting, or even sending PMs.

Thank you, Ira, for getting me back into the game. I may not get notifications, but at least I am able to get back in again. :D

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Not that I'm aware of.

That said, I went ahead and took care of the first account with the gmail address. So you should be able to use that one. Log off this one, log on to the first one, then drop me a note to let me know all is well. I will then delete this second account.

Also, this Forum provides for private messages. Please use that for issues specific to your situation.

Thanks!

A

Albert

Not that I'm aware of.

That said, I went ahead and took care of the first account with the gmail address. So you should be able to use that one. Log off this one, log on to the first one, then drop me a note to let me know all is well. I will then delete this second account.

Also, this Forum provides for private messages. Please use that for issues specific to your situation.

Thanks!

Thanks. Still learning my way around here.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
It would appear that the gmail issue may have been fixed, but you may need to tell google that it is not SPAM. Just found a couple notifications in the SPAM folder.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Then again, perhaps not... Whereas a couple notifications did manage to make it as far as the SPAM folder, a significant number of them never even get that far and are nowhere to be found.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
An Update:

For about two weeks now the system had been working flawlessly. Wherever was the choke point seems to have been fixed for the time being.