End of lockdown SS1600

Scarp

Premier Member
This global Pandemic is surely a horrible thing we are lucky here is Australia as our numbers have been nowhere as bad as the rest of the world.
Particularly in Western Australia we are very fortunate in that we are so removed from the rest of Australia, my thoughts & prayers are we those suffering throughout the world.

With things progressing as they are here WA is likely to be the first Australian state to open back up, currently here in Perth we cannot move out of the Metro area without good reason there are road blocks throughout the state.

I had planned the last leg of the 4 seasons on 21 March but that was not possible, so I plan as soon as lockdown is lifted I'm going to do a "Lockdown lifted" SS1600 or such my question is:
Can there be a special certificate to mark the end of Lockdown? something I can look at & remember how it felt to be able to plan an IBA ride once more.
Looking forward to thoughts on this

Mike721

Premier Member
I like your idea, I may try to come up with something like that as well. I did my last cert. ride just before the pandemic on 3/14, CoronaVirus was in the news as an issue and it was starting to get real where I work ( near NYC) but there was no travel ban in place or anything like that yet, a week later things were very different.

I like the idea of some sort of special ride for ending the lockdown.

I am behind on planned rides. I did the MS 5000 for Long Haul Paul in September and October. I qualified as a finisher, thanks to donors, but my mileage was off my plans by 6000 miles. Two SS3000 were planned. I had neck surgery September 3 but still got in 3000 miles in small bites for the MS5000. I had some shoulder issues, inflammation in the joint, thus limiting me more.

For the Jacksonville Party my special needs daughter wanted to go with me (the wife needed a break also) so there went an easy SS1000. 500 mile days are OK with her but 1000 might not end well.

I had at least two rides planned plus a buddy and I were going to go somewhere on just a slow motorcycle trip.

I am at cabin fever stage 2 close to a 3. I shouldn't complain. We have it better in Texas than some states. I have done some short rides, 100-150 miles, locally just to say I did.

I am ready for a certified ride.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I had at least two rides planned plus a buddy and I were going to go somewhere on just a slow motorcycle trip.
My brother-in-law got a new-to-him touring bike a couple of months ago - then his wife had an injury that's kept her off the bike now for a few weeks. I know that they wanted to do a weekend getaway to the high country of Arizona just before the defecation struck the rotary oscillator. Perhaps this fall...

I am at cabin fever stage 2 close to a 3. I shouldn't complain. We have it better in Texas than some states. I have done some short rides, 100-150 miles, locally just to say I did.

I am ready for a certified ride.
Me, too. This one was going to be just a fun day ride... :D

https://goo.gl/maps/u2ZA6UqSwGtaDvX7A

I'm simply waiting for a sign from our local elected leaders...
I'm expecting there will be one before the calendar turns to May.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
I am glad I am not the only one...

Was informed we're still out until the 17th of next month, so I am planning a ride I've been toying with for about a year or two but kept putting it off due to the cost...but no more- I'm going for broke.

Russ,
Looks like an excellent plan.
Don't know if you been up Maine 11 but if you haven't you are in for some pleasant riding. I was up there in 2016 almost not traffic. I did run across a couple of slow moving trucks which required a little patience to get around. Several places to stop and enjoy the day. I was not on an IBA ride, just finished SS2000 to get in that part of the country, so I had time to enjoy.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm not proposing that everyone hops on their bike and burns a few tanks in a day but below is an interesting and relevant link for some of us.

To be clear, I am in New South Wales, Australia. Check with your local authorities.

This is a brief interview with NSW state premier Gladys Berejiklian :
https://www.2gb.com/motorbiking-in-family-picnics-out-premier-clarifies-nsw-restrictions/

'Akin to riding an exercise bike.' Excellent. Better not use the cruise control, I guess..

That would be like setting the treadmill at 6kph and wandering off to see what's on NETFLIX for half an hour. "Hey, I've done 3 kays!"

I think I'll venture out for a sedate little run later in the week.

I have been looking at towns here have sorta planned a route that spells COVID not nutted out the 19 yet I thought of the 19th Parallel but that’s in the Indian Ocean
I like this idea. As for the 19, you could do a ride that includes the 19 hardest hit states. Be it a SS1000/BB1500/BBG to the state or a SS1000/BB1500/BBG that include several states. Just an idea.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
The grip is slowly releasing from Arizona as well, a slight extension to our current 'lock-down' situation, but quite amended for the next couple of weeks.

Hmmm....

Washington State is extending the lock down until May 31st. There will be an easing of restrictions on some recreational activities (state parks, sport fishing, etc) and construction workers can go back to work provided physical distancing is maintained.