End to End, WA.

Coldcomfort

Dropped in and visited Tom this evening. He is in good spirits and happy to have a chat. He is nursing a broken collar bone and six broken ribs. Each rib is broken in two places. All injuries are on his RHS. Tom has no idea what happened. One minute he is cruising along and two hours later there is a doctor and a nurse looking down at him. They just happened to be passing by. He will be in Alice Springs hospital until October 1st. His wife is due in town tomorrow.

Cheers all. Brian.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
.... Tom has no idea what happened. One minute he is cruising along and two hours later there is a doctor and a nurse looking down at him. .....
From Tom's SPOT track it seems he was near the crash site for nearly 7 hours. Allowing time for the ambos to come from who knows where and get him ready for transfer to the RFDS airstrip, it seems he was down and out for quite some time.

Coldcomfort

Its all speculation but Tom said that his bike is not too bad. He maight have been spear tackled by a large red roo. I have had those things run straight into the side of my car. Both day and night. Or it might be as mundane as Tom dozed off for a few seconds. As long as he is OK. I guess thats the main thing. BTW the way he is being looked after by a couple of very nice nurses.

Fatman

Just got off the phone to Foster (Tom Tom) and he seems to be in good spirits considering his broken ribs and collarbone and cracking a joke or two.

He was saying that the truck driver that found him called in to the hospital the other day to see how he's going, which was very nice of the truckie.

His wife Joy and mate Bob arrived in Alice a few days ago and looks like they will be staying a few weeks in town while Foster recuperates to be able to travel.

Foster hasn't had a chance to update the IBA forums yet but he is aware of everyone's good wishes and concerns.