Entries open June 1st

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
As this is our new forum I thought I would put a new post about IBA UK's Introductory 8 hour Rally that will be running for the second time on Saturday 24th September.

The Rally starts and finishes at the Histon Royal British Legion Club just outside Cambridge and the rally area covers East Anglia:

If you're new to IBA rallies this is an ideal starting point, or if you're a rally veteran it provides another good opportunity to practice your planning and rally riding technique. The map below shows the bonus locations from 2015. As you'll see they're nicely spread across the region and distances between stops are relatively short.

Bonus locations were pre-organised into low (black), medium (blue) and high (red) point values and riders could keep this system or use their own.

The white location in Norwich was the Station clock. Points were awarded based on the 12 hour time that a rider photographed it. Some riders that chose to go there did so around midday so got a nice 1200 points. If they messed up and got there at 1 pm they only got 100 points! :oops:

Entries open on 1st June via the rally page on the main website here:

http://www.ironbutt.co.uk/iceni.php

By entering you'll also be helping to raise money for the Royal British Legion which puts the money to many good uses. :D

Last edited:
All above well and good, but no countdown clock to Jun 1st? You're missing a trick there that even our pc illiterate rally bastard used to great effect.
Seriously enjoyed the inaugural Iceni rally and can't wait to ride it again!

Be lucky, Iain.

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Good! May I come again? :rolleyes:
I was considering to self-impose a handicap: why not try riding two-up for a change?
Biggest problem: how to convince my 'government'?:D:D:D

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
You might win another trophy, for best team!

Registration this year will be available on the Friday evening at the Travellodge hotel. They've got cheap rooms at the moment. I booked mine before Christmas.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just another little update - The Rally book and all 40 locations for this year's rally have now been checked and finished. I also took a little 180 mile ride yesterday morning and now have just 3 locations to check and photograph for the 2017 Rally :rolleyes: :D I've re-jigged the rally book this year following some suggestions from 2016 and it now contains bonus co-ordinates with each listing, not on a separate sheet.

I've been spreading the word locally and it looks like quite a few local RBLR branch members will be entering this year so when entries open on 1st June get in quick to be sure of a place. 34 riders started last year and hopefully we can reach the 40 maximum this year.

If anybody fancies coming over to Cambridge for the day to help out please get in touch. Last year 5 of us went in to town and had a punt on the river Cam followed by a nice pub lunch :)

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Cheers Dave. You're entry number 3 and I've sent you details of the shared folder (possibly twice :rolleyes:) with all the information. :D

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
The field is now just over half full with 21 riders signed up. Quite a few are new to this so it should be another good one.

19 places left now :)

Hi Mark, I will sign up for this later this week. Ankle operation yesterday and six to eight weeks recovery time. PERFECT for first IBA exercise, eight hour bimble...should be just right for a reintroduction into the fold.
Maybe a bit early for surgeon's liking but my risk and a valid Iron Butt excuse LOL.

Be lucky, Iain

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Mark, I will sign up for this later this week. Ankle operation yesterday and six to eight weeks recovery time. PERFECT for first IBA exercise, eight hour bimble...should be just right for a reintroduction into the fold. Maybe a bit early for surgeon's liking but my risk and a valid Iron Butt excuse LOL. Be lucky, Iain
It's your call Iain. If you'd prefer to wait until a couple of weeks before so you're sure then that's fine. You can get your mates to sign up now though :)

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
25 entries now :D

15 places left now. Hopefully the nice weather will continue well into next month so if anyone fancies a nice day's ride before the autumn sets in then this could be it. :p

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
I've just paid my entry fee so I'm ready for my second rally ever ;)!
You're in Yves. No.27 so far and I've just emailed all the information to you. Will be good to see you in a couple of weeks time :)