Ethan's Heart Ride

ED535

Hey everyone, I have realized that I had not put this notice here so....
I have been discussing with Ethan doing a special ride.
We are going to do an SS1600k in honor of his Open Heart Surgery last December.
I have come up with a plan and we will be leaving Kingswood NSW at 3:30am on Saturday 23rd April.
Ethan would like to invite you all to join us if you can.

The proposed route as seen above can be viewed on Google maps with this link.
https://goo.gl/maps/TGy1Nr1j7NM2
Any one who wishes to join us just needs join the conversation and let us know.
This Google Map link is the latest version and shows the proposed fuel stops and corner docket stops.
The Rider List has only been running for a day but currently looks like this.

ED535
Ethan
OX-34
Kimmie (will talk about fool stops....I don't get your range)
Enterprise (in unless I'm out)
Hackle
Tele
Frans (will bring fuel tanker for Kimmie)
Gagss99

Thanks everyone and I will try to be prompt in updating this thread.

Skidoo

Premier Member
ED535
Ethan
OX-34
Hackle
Tele
Gagss99
Skidoo (joiningat DunnyDoor)

ED535

I have emailed a request for help with a special cert for this ride but would appreciate any input,
If you have already replied at another pub or cafe then thank you.

This is to Certify that on the 23rd of April 2016, Ethan Rowles as Pillion with Eddie Brown as Pilot rode a Victory Cross Country Tour a total of 1,645 kilometers in less than 24 hours starting in Kingswood New South Wales, Australia continuing on to Dunedoo, Coonamble, Narrabri, Tamworth, Urunga and Colongolook before returning to Kingswood while participating in the Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, Saddle Sore 1600K accompanied by Peter Hogan on a Yamaha Super Tenere, Kim Roger on a Yamaha MT7, John Inkson on a BMW……, etc etc Details to be filled in.

The Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, Saddle Sore 1600K was organised in recognition of Ethan's love and commitment to Long Distance Riding and to celebrate his recovery after Successful Open Heart Surgery in November 2015 at age 11yrs.

We need to get the details of riders and bikes on the ride.
The names and the towns can just be rotated to suit each rider, and start/finish points.

Fatman

Don't forget Fatman as well.

ED535
Ethan
OX-34
Hackle
Tele
Gagss99
Sgt Schultz
Fatman

ED535

ED535
Ethan
OX-34
Hackle
Tele
Gagss99
Sgt Schultz
Fatman
Wombattle
Lionel

We forget no one.

ED535

Things are on track and we are so thankful to everyone for their help and support.

Below is a copy of the Electronic Lodgement Page, I have filled in the details in BLACK that are constant for us all,
Anything in RED MIGHT need to be changed or re-arranged to suit your ride.
BLUE is the extra stuff you need to complete your application.
I hope this helps those of us that don't have a great deal of experience with these forms. GOOD LUCK.

I have some peoples email addresses to send the LOGO to, it is too big for the file upload here.
At the bottom you will find, I have uploaded my Google Map Picture and the electronic form as a text document.

Ed.

Ride are you applying (SaddleSore 1000/1600K BunBurner 1500/2500K, etc be specific):
Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, SaddleSore 1600K.

Address to mail the certificate:
Mr Ethan Rowles.

Contact phone number:

Are you a NEW or EXISTING IBA member
NEW

Your age:
11yrs

Date of ride start:
April 23rd2016

Name you want on the certificate:

Ethan Rowles

Did you ride this with anybody else (who):

Eddie Brown on a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour

Peter Hogan on a Yamaha Super Tenere

Kim Rodger on a Yamaha MT09-Tracer

John Inkson on a BMW K1600GT

Graham Harris on a 2016 Yamaha 1200 Super Tenere

Ian Goodwin riding a BMW K1600GT

Frans Van Der Merwe on a Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200ZE

John Gallagher on a Kawasaki GTR1000

Michael Ainsworth on a Suzuki DL 650 V Strom

Michael Morris on a 2010 BMW R1200RT

Craig Harcombe on a

Karl Pirchmoser on a Kawasaki GTR1400

Lionel Haynes on a 2010 Yamaha FJR 1300

Motorcycle make/model:

2013 Victory Cross Country Tour

Odometer Kilometers:

GPS Kilometers:

Link to your Google or Mapquest or other on-line map:

https://goo.gl/maps/TGy1Nr1j7NM2

If you used a tracking system (for example, SPOT Adventures, SPOTWALLA), paste your link here:
https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=105265709b47c054d7

Name of start city:

Kingswood New South Wales

Three to five cities that you REALLY WANT to be on your certificate:

Dunedoo, Coonamble, Narrabri, Tamworth, Urunga, and Coolongolook

Name of end city: Kingswood New South Wales

Howard, please consider the following for the Certificate Wording:

This is to Certify that on the 23rd of April 2016, Ethan Rowles (11 years old) as Pillion
with Eddie Brown as Pilot rode a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour a total of 1,645
kilometers in less than 24 hours
while participating in Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, SaddleSore 1600K. Starting in Kingswood New South Wales, Australia
continuing on to Dunedoo, Coonamble, Narrabri, Tamworth, Urunga, and Colongolook before returning to Kingswood.

Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, Saddle Sore 1600K was organised in recognition of Ethan Rowles' love and commitment to, Long Distance Riding
and to celebrate his recovery after Successful Open Heart Surgery in November 2015 at age 11yrs.

Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, SaddleSore1600K was conducted under very strict guidelines set forth by the Iron Butt Association.
Only a handful of riders from around the world have managed to solve the challenges such a grueling ride involves.

You can either clip the fee schedule from your particular ride. Please send your remittance fee through paypal to [email protected] and ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR CONFIRMATION to this email. PLEASE NOTE: IN ORDER TO PURCHASE IRON BUTT ITEMS, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR RIDE CERTIFIED (if not there would be no value for the pins and patches!):

ANYTHING ELSE WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR RIDE:

IF THIS IS A MEMORIAL RIDE AND YOU WANT A DEDICATION ON YOUR CERTIFICATE, PLACE THAT HERE:

DON'T FORGET TO ATTACH YOUR SCANNED RIDE DOCUMENTS (witness forms, log, receipts)

Attachments

Last edited:

tj189

Premier Member
Great effort there ED. Great chatting on the phone this morning about Ethan's Heart Ride.

I have attached a copy of our conversation from the forum to assist other riders;

A couple of points I have picked up on, you have mentioned that you are going to have all the riders names listed on the certificate, this will not be possible due to space restrictions on the certificates. I believe it has been mentioned also that this would be a group ride. A Group Ride has its own set of rules, there is a requirement for a set route and the same amount of kilometers travelled by all riders, that is you all start and finish at the same location, needs to be 10 or more riders , a group sign out and sign in sheet showing all riders leaving and returning at the same (or very close to it) time would need to be completed, each rider would need to sign a waiver, plus a few other requirements.

I am thinking that this is possibly not what you had in mind, however let's look at how we can set this up for you.

The possible certificate wording for all riders (their names and bike details would replace yours and Ethan, should they have different route and kilometers then that would be inserted):
This is to Certify that on the 23rd of April 2016, Ethan Rowles (12 years old) as Pillion with Eddie Brown as Pilot rode a Victory Cross Country Tour a total of 1,645 kilometers in less than 24 hours starting in Kingswood New South Wales, Australia continuing on to Dunedoo, Coonamble, Narrabri, Tamworth, Urunga and Colongolook before returning to Kingswood while participating in The Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, Saddle Sore 1600K .

The Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, Saddle Sore 1600K was organised in recognition of Ethan's love and commitment to safe Long Distance Motorcycle Riding and in celebration of his recovery, after successful open HEART surgery, in November 2015 at age 11yrs.

It is recommended that each rider use the electronic ride submission form here http://ironbutt.com/rideapp/rideappoz.htm
and adapt the wording above. The subject line of the email should include as the "ride type" The Ethan's Heart Ride 2016 along with the other required information.

I believe you and Karl will be designing a logo for this ride.

The listing on the IBA Rides list would look similar to this (not sure of Ethan's age, please add that information in your application):

Saddlesore 1600k Finishers (1,610 Kilometers in less than 24 Hours):

Name Hometown Date Motorcycle Mileage

The Ethan's Heart Ride 2016 - Australia
Eddie Brown Kingswood, NSW 04/23/16 Yamaha RoadStar 1,645k
Ethan Rowles (passenger) 04/23/16 Yamaha RoadStar 1,645k
* * * Ethan was 12 years old at time of the ride * * *
other riders listed here
etc.

Best wishes to Ethan and the rest of the riders attending, I hope to catch up at Urunga

ED535

Thanks Peter, Karl and TJ,

Wow the hard work is done.
Thanks to everyone who helped Ethan make this special, from the Forum admins to those who just wished us well, without all of you we couldn't do it.

Instructions for this ride in a nut shell so everyone is clear and doesn't need to sort through all the threads and forums to get the latest info.

1/ My planning and arrangements are solely based around Ethan being able to successfully complete this ride.
2/ Every rider who wants to come along with us for all or part of this ride, is most welcome. Ethan is stoked that anyone at all is interested.
3/ As TJ said, this is not an actual IBA "GROUP RIDE". So we all need to submit our own paperwork after the ride.
4/ The information, ride plan and documentation I have worked up are just to help everyone to get the feel for this ride and help us all to get similar certificates.
Please use any pages for you application that are relevant.
5/ There are just too many of us to have all our names on all the certificates, I am sorry about this but that is just how it will have to be.
I have still included a list as per the info I have, to aid with the applications.
6/ I will be trying to stick to the plan as closely as possible and as a result I will not be making up time with short stops unless we fall behind schedule.
So if you are meeting us at a scheduled stop we should be there until the planned time.
7/ The main thing is that we will have FUN.

See you all on Saturday if not before.

Last edited:

Enterprise

Premier Member
Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, Saddle Sore 1600K was organised inrecognition ofEthan's love and commitment toLong Distance Riding
and to celebrate his recovery after Successful Open Heart Surgery in November 2015 at age 11yrs.
Just looking at the wording here and it works for Ethan but not strictly for everyone else as it presumes everyone knows who Ethan is. (I know everyone SHOULD know, but in reality they won't)

So I suppose just adding in the surname is enough viz

Ethan's Heart Ride 2016, Saddle Sore 1600K was organised in recognition of Ethan Rowles' love and commitment to Long Distance Riding