Even Shorter RTE 19/20/21st June 2020 (Based on Bobs Shortest got me thinking !

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Seeing how Bob has called the shortest RTE Lowestoft to Penzance 433.49miles approximately 7hrs 3 minutes allegedly :):)

How about an Even Shorter RTE on Friday/ Saturday June 19/20th from St Davids at leaving at sunset 9.19pm riding 386 miles overnight to Lowestoft arriving by sunrise at 4.30am

Advantages
Because we are not leaving until 9.19 we could all meet and have a early meal and a soft drink somewhere before we leave.

THe ride is 47.49 miles shorter than Bobs shortest ride (no disrespect Bob) and only 6 1/2 hours long instead of Bobs 7+, should be in Lowestoft by 1.30am plenty of time to get to a prebooked agreed hotel for a fairly good nights sleep, then a great breakfast and a leasurly ride home.
Riding in June is normally accepted as being drier and warmer than end of December,
Less Traffic (usually)

Infact if we done the same ride on Friday night /Saturday we could all have Saturday night off for Just a restrained meal and drinking evening in the flesh pots of Lowestoft. and make it a weekender, with a ride home on Sunday.:):)

Ideas for hotel and resturants and let me know if you are interested.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Where will this end ? My avenue is 850 metre's long we could have a coffee at my house then ride to the end ,see the sunset over Cleckheaton (a sight to behold) then ride back for a snack.
Shortest RTE in Europe.:)
Should i start a list ?

Any chance of a patch Dave ?

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Where will this end ? My avenue is 850 metre's long we could have a coffee at my house then ride to the end ,see the sunset over Cleckheaton (a sight to behold) then ride back for a snack.
Shortest RTE in Europe.:)
Should i start a list ?

Any chance of a patch Dave ?
I'm in :):) but you haven't put a date

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
You'd have to get up at 4:30 for the group photo as the sun comes up.......

Think I might be south to north that weekend via Gordano, Clacket Lane and Todhills. Will have to check availability.

Of course the following weekend is deep into the continent.........

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
We normally have the photo after the ride to the venue and after the meal.
The meal would be breakfast on Saturday morning at a sensible time say 9.30/10am and then the photo.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
You don't have to be up to see the sun rise as it said in the first post " riding 386 miles overnight to Lowestoft arriving by sunrise at 4.30am".
So you can arrive any time you like and go to bed, as long as you are there by Sunrise. The idea is to do a different type of ride, and have a bit of a social weekend, then ride home.
If you dont think your up to it Gordon just dont do it. :p:p