FarRiders - RTE Payne’s Find WA 27Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusjel

Premier Member
Rather than going off topic in the Farriders website thread I’ll put this here.

Meeting for lunch. Wombat will be looking at receipts and keeping a list so that if Farriders is still operating as it was people can do this as a Farride. He’ll be along soon to tell you how that will work.

Im going to treat this like a Farride, PF is conveniently about 450ks from my place. Steve, I’d be honoured to have your company to and from.

Dicky Knee

Rus... I've just posted my intentions with this ride, over at the FJR site. You never know...may get some more interest, and from that, if someone is keen to do the Equinox run with me next month, they will (like me) formally get the IBA certification (subject to meeting all requirements).
For the RTE run to PF, I intend to head out early towards Northam to gauge the available light for photo ops at the painted silos. That will then confirm which direction I do the silo run next month (clockwise or anticlockwise).
So, in saying that, we could meet at the Caltex at the bottom of Greenmount Hill...but I daresay I'd be going thru there rather early and I suspect that won't suit your ride timing. If it's too early...then I'd be pleased to ride back to Perth with you from PF.

Good morning Everyone
First I would like to express my appreciation to IBA Australia in letting the FarRiders discuss their rides. I am still trying to catch up after the BR22 and work commitments. I will also join the FJR site and let people know of my involvement. Can I just say please don't get too excited and organise events without letting the main people know. I would have liked to shift this date for personal reasons however I will go with it. I will be sending out an email to the regular riders so they can register with me but will accept any other FarRider with a number and receipt on the day. I try and let the venue know of how many riders we expect to attend for their catering purposes and trying to not let the riders down in the availability of food. again only numbered FarRiders will be accepted for a list but any other riders are welcome. This can of course change if the FarRiders website is back up and running in which case that is the venue to register. We are all in the same position in not knowing what is happening.
Thanks for your patience
Wombat
0407 984 654 if need be

tj189

Premier Member
Note: reposted from another thread.

Does anyone have a copy of the remaining rides for this year. Perhaps we could post them here and work from that while we are waiting for the site to get going... Just as an interim step towards either future life or death.
In order to support our Long Distance Riding community (in this case FarRiders) we have, already, had some posted communication on the forum regarding their RTE's, Agnes Waters Qld and Paynes' Find in WA. They are currently located here.

There are a number of dual membership holders on this forum that will be able to post notifications up.

This is and should only be seen, as part of the comradeship for all of the Long Distance Riding Community here in Australia, and in supporting the new owners of FarRiders during the change over of ownership.

Thanks to all riders in this forum. I have Paynes Find organized and one other at the end of the year for WA. I have also sent The past owner a list of riders that registered with me for the BR22 asking to send that list on to the new owners. That is all we can do in this disappointing time. Again I will try and email and text all regular riders on future rides ( as well as Paynes Find ) but if they show up I will register them as well. Only numbered riders though as I can not register new riders. All are welcome. Cheers WA Wombat

Thanks to all riders in this forum. I have Paynes Find organized and one other at the end of the year for WA. I have also sent The past owner a list of riders that registered with me for the BR22 asking to send that list on to the new owners. That is all we can do in this disappointing time. Again I will try and email and text all regular riders on future rides ( as well as Paynes Find ) but if they show up I will register them as well. Only numbered riders though as I can not register new riders. All are welcome. Cheers WA Wombat
Just an update. I have sent riders details to ghosty to pass on and he has sent me the ok.

Dicky Knee

Be aware, if you were considering doing this run thru Wyalkatchem, Mollerin and then using Maroubra Rd to get thru to Paynes Find, the Shire of Mt Marshall reported this morning that Maroubra Rd conditions are (at best) very ordinary and they'd recommend (at this stage) seeking an alternative at least until they can grade and repair the damage from recent rains.
Looks like I am going to punt it up thru Wubin from Northam.

Last edited:

Ed.

Premier Member
Ah OK. I haven't been down that road since some time in the mid 90s, I'd reckon. Would have been surprised if it was sealed....but then I was surprised when I heard they'd sealed the sandstone road too!

Status
Not open for further replies.