Farriders website unavailable,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky Knee

Someone I know who's an internet guru observed that it looks to him like they have allowed the domain registration to expire.
Doesn't augur well for any sort of continuation of the tradition. Once you go changing the basics, like the URL link then it starts to look like a relaunch with different assumptions. A deliberate break from the past?
Maybe..... If so, I wonder how 'they' propose to advise the interested ones of the new 'home'.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well well well.
So now for the masses the site has ...gone down. Out of control some might say.
Lost others might say.
By default you guys have joined the club it seems.
Speaking for myself as the first of the expelled. I lost my rights to play for standing up for a mate. He too lost his shirt.
I'm proud to have lost my spot in defence of a friend.

Do what I had to do. Pick yourselves up and walk proud.

This event has been on the cards for years.

Daisy

Premier Member
Someone I know who's an internet guru observed that it looks to him like they have allowed the domain registration to expire.
Doesn't augur well for any sort of continuation of the tradition. Once you go changing the basics, like the URL link then it starts to look like a relaunch with different assumptions. A deliberate break from the past?
The hosting has expired - because it is allegedly being moved to their own server. The registration for the domain name doesn't expire until May 2024.

Taffey

Does anyone have a copy of the remaining rides for this year. Perhaps we could post them here and work from that while we are waiting for the site to get going... Just as an interim step towards either future life or death.

tj189

Premier Member
Does anyone have a copy of the remaining rides for this year. Perhaps we could post them here and work from that while we are waiting for the site to get going... Just as an interim step towards either future life or death.
In order to support our Long Distance Riding community (in this case FarRiders) we have, already, had some posted communication on the forum regarding their RTE's, Agnes Waters Qld and Paynes' Find in WA. They are currently located here.

There are a number of dual membership holders on this forum that will be able to post notifications up.

This is and should only be seen, as part of the comradeship for all of the Long Distance Riding Community here in Australia, and in supporting the new owners of FarRiders during the change over of ownership.

the domain registration is valid to 2024-05-25 and it is still in ghostys name so hasn't been transferred to anyone yet. So the FarRiders site can only re-open if the domain owner re-instates it or transfers domain ownership to someone else. What's happened to the site data is anyone's guess, let's hope it's all still intact

The FarRide flags were returned to Paul, as the new owners didnt like parts of the flag, so I'm guessing the formatt might be changed. Have a ride to organise in Tassie soon, so I'll be seeking some answers in a few weeks.
So that doesn't answer any questions around why the "new" owners weren't at the last ride to 1770 and the total lack of respect that shows to the group :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If the new 'owners' actually exist, I don't think FarRiders will feature on any of their priority lists. As claimed by P Vaupel at least one of the new owners is an expert in IT.

There can be no current IT-based problem that is causing the delay in having FarRiders 'black' pages and FarRiders 'forum' pages being hosted and active for members.

If the new owners do actually exist and had the claimed goal of transferring the FarRiders pages onto their own servers, then any IT expert would ensure that the servers were available and suitable for the task. Moving from GoDaddy (or whatever) for such an IT expert would be easily planned and simple to execute. Any delay at their end should reasonably have been dealt with by delaying the transfer so that the websites were offline for the least practicable amount of time.

The absence of that action implies to me that there is an absence of any IT expert sitting in front of the computer performing the transfer.

Maybe like twitter boy Elon Musk, the website was to be bought but Simebody changed their mind.

Or that the 'buyers' were as fictitious as some of P Vaupel's 24 hour 1200km rides.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm very sure this is not even half the acts in this play.

Its sad though that myself was publicly roasted by a current well known member in a very public space ( the entrance way of the VWall Taven) accused of attempting to "take over FarRiders" all those years ago in the great purge. This individual had little but no understanding of just what had taken place regards my own banning several month prior or the actual facts. However as is often the case they made a public stance as is their way and helped to consolidate the lie and bolster and injustice.

Several years latter I shared a table with that individual at an IBA muster. I was confident and comfortable in my skin but I could not help but notice their discomfort.

One truly negative effect that small Paul had on me was a complete and utter cessation of my writing of ride reports and shared observations.
I have not put pen to paper or shared a photo in any public media since I was expelled. EDIT Distance Riders Australia being an exception to this statement. Even within these pages I had little to no trust that anything I said or any post I lodged would not come back to bite me. It did as TJ is aware and now only with the news of the FR site issue am I even game to tell my tale or comment.

Its all a bit like the Seventy's. If you remember it you probably weren't there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.