First timer

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Great job Lisa, i enjoyed watching your spot progress throughout the day. The first one is the hardest, they do seem to get easier as time goes on.
Congratulations on your first IBA ride done under some interesting conditions (90 kph).
Rob, you must be very proud.

A BIG Congratulations Lisa!
I sat up like a worried parent watching your SPOT & FB until dad (Rob) sent me a message to say you'd done it! Then I went to bed knowing you were home safe.
Again Congratulations, on the ride & becoming an IBA member, you've now got the bug, what's next?
:)

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Congratulations Lisa! Very well done for a first IBA ride.
Licence speed limited. Twice the length of the Dume Fwy. Very well done!
And a very steady pace to complete it too.
Nice work too Rob - there may be no stopping her now...

Reader57

Rob,
It would be interesting to hear what Lisa's peers think of her motorcycling efforts and achievements. It's alright to hear from us but we are a little bit older and our mind set is far different.

sixty6north

It would be interesting to hear what Lisa's peers think of her motorcycling efforts and achievements. It's alright to hear from us but we are a little bit older and our mind set is far different.
Thats an interesting point Peter - Lisa doesn't really have any peers in the sense of other young female LD riders - I don't think that there are a lot around. If you are talking about her general peers, well, they are amazed that she rides a motorbike in the rain, so who knows what they would think about some of the rides that she has done. I will ask her though and see what I find out.

Coldcomfort

Well done Lisa. I think your ride was special on a few counts. Not the least cruising down the Hume hwy at 90kph having to deal with countless trucks all with dead lines to meet and too many piloted by glazed eyed cowboys. We have watched big rides being ridden over days and at times weeks. Mostly done on world class touring bikes with power to spare and riders able to take full advantage of the posted speed limit. Your achievement ranks up there with those rides. Hold your head high and know that what you have done makes you very unique among your peers. Congratulations.

Vlad

Premier Member
So she looked a little smashed at the end did she, I could barley scratch my butt at the end of my first one ,nearly fell off my bike. Congratulations Lisa,not an easy ride at 90 k ,you should be proud of yourself. Wom gave me some advice some time ago I've not forgotten "the more you do it the easier it gets" and that is absolutely true. I wish you many more.:)

Farkleit

Premier Member
Congrats Lisa. I was planning on watching you run the last bit but but crashed out on the couch well done especially with a speed handicap. Hip hip Hoorah!!!!

Tele

Premier Member
An amazing achievement Lisa (and Rob ;)). as others have said, that distance in that timeframe is no easy ask for mere mortals and your drive and determination is inspirational. A big 'bow' from me. I look forward to catching up at Lightning Ridge and hearing of the adventure.

HACKLE

Lisa, I can only agree with Cold Comforts words. Very well done young lady, you have most certainly come of age in this, your first of many [I have no doubt] Iron Butt Rides.

John negus

Lisa. You should consider submitting your ride report and your story to some of the bike mags..eg..RoadRider or Adventure Rider. This may inspire other young women to follow in your steps. Good luck with your future rides but you will always remember this ride..the IBR family is proud of you and welcome aboard..cheers and yippee..jn