FOBO BIKE 2 - Indiegogo Campaign

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm hopeful this isn't considered 'spammy', but there doesn't seem to be a general or universal farkles in the Motorcycle Prep message area, so into the General Discussion it goes.

From what I can tell, the original FOBO system was also a startup thru Indiegogo - this is a new version, and the sensors appear to be a bit smaller than the prior versions.

FOBO BIKE 2 Indiegogo Page

For those that have been considering TPMS, or needing an upgrade to what you have now, this might be the poor man's way of getting in on this.

Yep, just put my name on this - and they have another few weeks to go.

I'm considering it a holiday gift...delivery in December.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
They have made their first stretch goal (both colors of caps included), and are working toward a second stretch goal for shorty metal valve stems by the end of November.

Yes these are a lot smaller in comparison to the originals. I have a set of the 1st version and they work pretty good. The issue alot of riders were having is that they were running them FOBO sensors on stock rubber valve stems. The weight and size of them were too much and riders were getting flat tires due to ripped valve stems. This newer version seems a lot smaller and lighter probably in an effort to fix the issue and allow for stock valve stems

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
It seems they are still going to strongly recommend metal stems for any TPMS like this.

The OEM TPMS on the GL1832 Goldwing is all fine and good - though it's an idiot light only - until one of two events happens...

1) Replace wheel with a spare that has no TPMS

2) TPMS battery gives up the ghost, requiring a repair/replacement of the TPMS which is as most automotive styles are - inside the tire/wheel assembly.

Long ago, I went with metal stems, and I have not had a stem failure in 100,000 miles. If these TPMS requires battery replacement roughly annually, this won't be such a big deal, since I'm changing tires about once a year. Change the tire, replace TPMS battery. Cheap insurance.

STLJeep

Premier Member
I just chipped in on this. That'll let me use my old sensors on my trailer when I pull it. Looking forward to putting these through their paces.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Update - Mine arrived yesterday!

Setup in about ten minutes - valve stems included!

I compared my digital tire gauge with the sensors, just for educational purposes...both seem to be about one PSI low. I don't know if that's a kPa/psi conversion error.

Took it on a short ride...works great. I just don't know why I didn't do this sooner. ;)