Follow Up from Parkez

kwaka

Premier Member
FR Gold ....cant see the point in that, you go the trouble of receipts and documentation you may as well add another 400klm and and get a certificate (or not) otherwise its just a Ride to EAT the go home.
Mind you i have combined a FarRiders RTE and and SS 1600 ride with the hard part being hitting the check in window for the FarRiders RTE without having to waste time or missing the checkin window. Now that's a challenge more than a Gold. just sayin'
I know riders that can't go further than 400km in a day. For a novice even contemplating a thousand kay day can seem daunting and beyond them. We all started somewhere. For us old hats, meh, just another ride.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If its a FarRiders you dont have to submit anything. Just register on the ride then get a start docket...................
Brian don't forget to submit the final distance to Clint or it won't count. He'll send you out a link/email for that.

Have a great ride.

Johng

Premier Member
1x muster a year shared around
Maybe 2 x rally a year small one to start say 24 HR in nth and south than growing to 36 HR all states
The 24 HR would be just to get people used to rallying
Others as stated

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I was drifting along today and thought "why RTE? when GTR would be our own thing. GET TOGETHER RIDE...GTRide. So how about we call all those inbetween rides GTR's? Sounds classic to me.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
FR Gold ....cant see the point in that, you go the trouble of receipts and documentation you may as well add another 400klm and and get a certificate (or not) otherwise its just a Ride to EAT the go home.
Mind you i have combined a FarRiders RTE and and SS 1600 ride with the hard part being hitting the check in window for the FarRiders RTE without having to waste time or missing the checkin window. Now that's a challenge more than a Gold. just sayin'
Thinking outside the box, on FR East #21 there was been a FR12 Gold certified for the distance of 1690km.

I'd like to see a multi (5-7?) day rally, every so often. Bi-annually?

tj189

Premier Member

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
5-7 day rally? That's a great goal. Just to clarify do you mean "Bi-annually" as in twice per year or do you mean biennially as in every two years?

Not a regular thing in the short term Ron I wouldn't think. It takes lots of preparation to organise something as big as 'Butt Lite' every two years, let alone twice per year.

But more rallies means more particpants which means more experience which means more available volunteers over the years hopefully.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
I was drifting along today and thought "why RTE? when GTR would be our own thing. GET TOGETHER RIDE...GTRide. So how about we call all those inbetween rides GTR's? Sounds classic to me.
What about FJR?
(Fun Just Riding)
We shouldn't get all brandist now.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Oops wrong word. Biennially is correct. Peter..every two years would be more than enough for this little wood duck.

I thought GTR was Good Times Roll,
and FJR was Funny Joking Riders?

But what would I know?

Hop

Wrote an Article for Australian Motorcyclist about the Parkes Event and it is published in the September addition (No 44). Buy a copy it is a good mag. If not and you are just going to read the article in the stand it is on page 88. Editor is keen to talk Frog about his Rocket III. Hope you enjoy it and it raises awareness and interest.