Fools gold ride

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Just wondering if you start at Gordano then to Port Abranam then Plymouth then North.
Is the any difference then Dover, Port Abrabam then Plymouth see what I mean ?

Thanks John.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
John

That's OK. As your start point is Gordano you would have to finish at Gordano having been round the circuit. Dover would then be your penultimate receipt prior to finishing at Gordano. Doing it that way will put a few miles on the journey, not too many. That start point is more efficient if you go south to Plymouth first up to Perth down to Dover and across to Swansea and then back to finish at Gordano.

Starting at the services on the M4 (westbound) would be more efficient and would put you at your subsequent check points at about the same times as starting from Gordano, If you want to hit the cities/ M6 at specific times.

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
John

Starting at the services on the M4 (westbound) would be more efficient and would put you at your subsequent check points at about the same times as starting from Gordano, If you want to hit the cities/ M6 at specific times.
Thanks Gordon we are on the same hymn sheet.
We well see John.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just wondering if you start at Gordano then to Port Abranam then Plymouth then North.
Is the any difference then Dover, Port Abrabam then Plymouth see what I mean ?

Thanks John.
John I'm be starting at Gordano at midnight. I'll do Plymouth Scotland Dover swansea

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Question Phil,

If your submitting your Sport Log file to assist the verification of the route you took, do you need to do the Hamilton services ?

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I usually go into services just before Hamilton then do a u turn at the next junction.
Sorry Phil, Way above me on this one I've no clue what you mean ....

Question 1 :.... I'm heading down from Perth to Plymouth via the M74 - M6 Slab do I need to stop at Hamilton services as a corner marker?
Fuel stop Perth Next one M6 south

Question 2 :.... I'm heading up from London area heading up A1 to Perth .. I'm going to take the A66 over to M6 then M74 do I need to stop at Hamilton services as a corner marker to show I did not continue on the slower route up the A1 to Edinburgh and the on the bridge to Perth via A9 ..(4 miles shorter and could put and extra hour on to the ride..

Using the Spot technology and submitting the track file from spotwalla for verification .... do I need to stop at Hamilton services as a corner marker?

I would like to say that normally I not see this as a corner and submitting receipts intended route on Google map printout, plus spotwalla file this would pass muster.
However I'm still unsure how the UK look at the submitted data and therefore would like an guideline answer.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
For those that haven't seen it. This is Gordon's route from the old forum

The complete circuit is as follows
BP Connect, Limekiln Street, Dover CT17 9EE, United Kingdom[
Road Chef Ltd, Pont Abraham Motorway Service, M4 Junction 49, Llanedi,Pontardulais, Swansea SA4 0FU, United Kingdom
Sainsbury's Petrol Station, Plymouth, PL3 6RL, United Kingdom
Shell, East Lancashire Road, Newton-le-Willows WA12 0HL, United Kingdom
M74 services, ML3 6JW, United Kingdom
Esso, 2 Broxden Avenue, Perth PH2 0PX
BP Service Station Bothwell Motorway Services, M74 Southbound, Bothwell, Lanarkshire G71 8BG
A1 Southbound Darrington, United kingdom WF8 3HU
BP Connect, Limekiln Street, Dover CT17 9EE, United Kingdom[
My thoughts are that you can start anywhere on the circuit. You must visit all the locations in the order given. If you start half way down the list, you visit locations till you get to the bottom. Then start at the top of the list till you have receipts from all of the locations. Your first and last receipt must be from the same location, the loop is closed and you have ridden at least 1500 miles.
Your first and last location do not need to be one of the locations on the list. They must however be the same. For example, you could start at Newark then down to Dover. Your last location on the list would be Darrington Services. You would then need a receipt from Newark to close the loop and complete at least 1500 miles.
Hope this is clear

flyingrasb

Premier Member
yep defo going to give this a bash on Friday!!!!! Starting at Huntingdon PE28 4NQ at 00.01 if anybody lives nearby and fancy's being a witness otherwise I'll just flutter my eyelids at a couple of lasses and hope they sign !!! Must admit that's not my favorite part.

Turns out that my operation was cancelled due to me not being on anti coagulant tablets, NHS for you, but I have had a couple of attacks in the last 4 weeks so I'm not doing it.
With that in mind there is a hotel room booked and paid for at 53.472005,-2.665684 it's an Ibis, anyone wanting to have a couple of hours kip before hand it's yours for a donation to the RBL, PM me and I'll send you the booking ref.
Damn DNF last year DNS this year, I so want one of those patches good luck guys ride safe and enjoy, I'll be following you all in my head, and your spot trackers.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Turns out that my operation was cancelled due to me not being on anti coagulant tablets, NHS for you, but I have had a couple of attacks in the last 4 weeks so I'm not doing it.
With that in mind there is a hotel room booked and paid for at 53.472005,-2.665684 it's an Ibis, anyone wanting to have a couple of hours kip before hand it's yours for a donation to the RBL, PM me and I'll send you the booking ref.
Damn DNF last year DNS this year, I so want one of those patches good luck guys ride safe and enjoy, I'll be following you all in my head, and your spot trackers.
We are stopping over night at Ferrybridge so can roll out of bed and straight off at 00.01 tracker details posted