RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
The route we all used last year (starting/finishing anywhere along it) is a convenient one for most people to use and makes verification simpler (I think but Mike will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) as it's already been checked out (assuming that you get the right receipts) is a gangly, vaguely circular one.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I did ask the question the other day and while the route used last year is the one to look at due to a verified distance the basic rules apply.

"The rules for the Fools gold are 1500 miles (minimum) to be completed on the 1st of April. So start 00.00.01 hours and finish by 23.59.59 hours on the 1st April."

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've attached the GPX route file for the ride in zipped format (no option to add GPX files)

It is a loop starting at Dover finishing at Dover. However, you can start anywhere as long as you finish at the point you started and visit all of the 8 locations in the order stated. All of the locations are within the UK 350 mile refuel limit and the total ride distance is just over 1500 mile.
For example you could start at York. Go to Londis then Dover, Swansea, Plymouth, M6, M74 , Perth, M74 and back to the start point in York for your finish receipt, you will have completed your loop. Be aware, however, If you live in an out of the way place, like Lands End and chose to ride to Newton Le Willows as your first stop, This could be over 350 miles.
Be aware the receipts at the top of the M74 are for 'corner' purposes only and could be receipts for food or drinks as some bikes will have sufficient range to travel from the M6 stop to Perth on one tank and Perth to the A1 south on one tank. A Vat receipt for a 50p mars bar can be quicker than topping up.....

Attachments

Last edited:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Just checked the highways agency website for 1 April. Most of the route looks OK and although they have planned works on the M6 and A66 they imply these shouldn't cause delays...........

Famous last words

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The same as last year riders will get a special certificate and a special patch for £32 as opposed to £25 for the normal verification. Additional patches will be available from the shop