Forum Archive

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Years ago I posted a dissertation on soldering wires. Pretty sure it was in the Iron Butt forum... The old one...

Not seeing a link to the forum archive on the IBA site anymore...

Any of all y'all have either a link to the archive or maybe a copy of that dissertation laying around?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Good luck with that. Maybe the Wayback Machine?

I had to just re-create info I had previously posted to the old forum and could no longer find about Gerlach and the IBA Memorial a while back. Thankfully I had most of it archived in various emails.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have tried in vain to look things up via the Wayback Machine...

Some of the indexing pages were saved, but little of the levels below that (e.g., the meat of the discussions) were captured.

Though I do recall hearing a while back that the data itself is still around from the old forum, it's just not able to be accessed.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Good luck with that. Maybe the Wayback Machine?

I had to just re-create info I had previously posted to the old forum and could no longer find about Gerlach and the IBA Memorial a while back. Thankfully I had most of it archived in various emails.
It appears that The Wayback Machine has quite a bit from ironbutt.oeg/forum going back to at least 2005. Unfortunately (and perhaps obviously?) the search function does not work. It also appears that all attached photos have been nuked. It will take a bit of digging but I may be able to find at least the text in there somewhere.

@Stephen! Any chance you found you found any pictures of the Gerlach Memorial? I am trying to confirm there is a stone for my brother; "Doug Holmes" still there. Around 2002 I got an email stating a stone was added for him. Before dad passed, he said he had received a picture of the memorial with a stone for Doug. I think it may be at the far back. IF you got time, please look. Thanks!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Stephen! Any chance you found you found any pictures of the Gerlach Memorial? I am trying to confirm there is a stone for my brother; "Doug Holmes" still there. Around 2002 I got an email stating a stone was added for him. Before dad passed, he said he had received a picture of the memorial with a stone for Doug. I think it may be at the far back. IF you got time, please look. Thanks!
Yes, there is a stone for Douglas Holmes in the Circle of Honor in Gerlach.
https://i.postimg.cc/8CBxt53Z/DSCN0822.jpg

Thanks @EricV I will pass this on to his kids!

Sadly I passed close to the memorial two years ago, travel from Reno to Minnesota, and didn't stop.
I've already discussed a visit next year with the wife?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It's a unique spot. If anyone visiting has the time, it's always appreciated if they help pull some grass/weeds while they are there. Maintenance is an on-going task and the current caretaker doesn't get up there as often as he would like to.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks @EricV I will pass this on to his kids!

Sadly I passed close to the memorial two years ago, travel from Reno to Minnesota, and didn't stop.
I've already discussed a visit next year with the wife?
If you want the full size pics and some others of the Gerlach Memorial, PM me with an email and I'm happy to send you some.