Frans need a ride - 25 May 2017

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I am planning to hang out around the Byron Bay area in the very small hours of the day on a Thursday late in May. I hope to be back home the next Friday or Saturday.

If anyone would be interested in tagging along, the details will be something like this:

Day 1: Byron Bay to Port Augusta
Day 2: Port Augusta to Norseman
Day 3: Norseman to Denham WA
Day 4 & 5: Making my way from Denham to Katherine
Day 6: Service bike and go to Darwin
Day 7: Darwin to Glendambo
Day 8: Glendambo to Melbourne
Day 9: Back home

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I am planning to hang out around the Byron Bay area in the very small hours of the day on a Thursday late in May. I hope to be back home the next Friday or Saturday.

If anyone would be interested in tagging along, the details will be something like this:

Day 1: Byron Bay to Port Augusta
Day 2: Port Augusta to Norseman
Day 3: Norseman to Denham WA
Day 4 & 5: Making my way from Denham to Katherine
Day 6: Service bike and go to Darwin
Day 7: Darwin to Glendambo
Day 8: Glendambo to Melbourne
Day 9: Back home
Sounds like a great ride. I would be interested in joining you for possibly day 7 & 8. Unfortunately my time off this year for big rides is going to revolve around the muster next month and the memorial ride in September. Keep me posted as to exact dates.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
So that could be the 18th or the 25th mate. Not sure if i can pull it off but I might be able to fill in some road time that sees me back by startoclock on the monday following your grand launch day.
I'll watch this space. Your ride rout looks fantastic.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Im.keen! Just need to finish the house reno first. Looking at the map Ox put up, looks like a nortjern run From Byron before port Agusta?
Anyway if i start at Byron and ride home to Bris them i will have done a butterfly ride.
Need to vonfirm the date the ride starts

Cuddles

IBR Finisher
You taking your Yamaha Super Tenere mate? Sounds like a great ride. Is it a certified ride Frans or just something you are doing for fun?

sixty6north

Not sure what Frans' intentions are, but this is the same route that Ox did for the Southern Cross Insanity. The loop up to Brisbane from Byron Bay is to get a shot of the Story Bridge. Also, the other requirement is for a photo of the Opera House, so the ride would have to finish in Sydney for the SCI (or start in Sydney). There is the opportunity to fit a few IBA rides into this route (e.g. 50CC Gold from Brisbane to Perth), a centreline 24 or 36 and a 50CC from Darwin to Melbourne, plus a few opportunities for a BB2500 Gold, BB2500, SS2000, SS1600.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
You are not gong to believe this, but I have a very similar (lets say identical) ride planned - leaving in mid May . . . . no, seriously
Rob

Mid May might be too early for me

It will depend on my work load, but either last Thursday in May or first Thursday in June would be for me