Take a look on the website, they have started fining
people from 15/01/17.
Be warned...

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So most of use will be 2 unless we have a pre 2007 bike or a 2017 bike. I take it that must be date it was built and not registered date!

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Be aware when looking to buy on-line as there are already several agencies set up to charge non French citizens up to 30.00 euro's for the sticker that should cost £3.20.
Not even sure you would get sticker sent so watch out.
I,m trying to find out where the official site is . Ill let you know when i do.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've just applied for one of these - because I'm a goody-goody - and note a couple of things to watch for:-

Their form asks for a "serial number" just after asking who issued my V5. I didn't see anything on the V5 called that so I used the VIN of the bike - who knows?
They ask for which Euro standard applies. That doesn't appear on the V5 but we're almost certainly Euro 3 (except John Young :cool:)
They ask for "CO2 emissions". Well my V5 says 1.27 (g/kwh?) but I'm pretty sure the right answer is 94 (g/km) as the form will only accept an integer.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've just applied for one of these - because I'm a goody-goody - and note a couple of things to watch for:-

Their form asks for a "serial number" just after asking who issued my V5. I didn't see anything on the V5 called that so I used the VIN of the bike - who knows?
They ask for which Euro standard applies. That doesn't appear on the V5 but we're almost certainly Euro 3 (except John Young :cool:)
They ask for "CO2 emissions". Well my V5 says 1.27 (g/kwh?) but I'm pretty sure the right answer is 94 (g/km) as the form will only accept an integer.
Bob just applied, new form asks for VIN number. The Euro standard and CO2 are not compulsory boxes now.

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
That reminds me that my sticker hasn't arrived yet!!

When, however, I ignored the box marked registration number and then spent ten minutes clicking on photos of mountains their tracker reported that "Your request is being processed. Your certificate will be sent shortly to the indicated address"

Last edited:
another good reason to go somewhere else. even though I selected the nice little union jack and it went to English soon as it moved on went back to French on the next page and would not translate real useful that. Was as if they don't want the English to go there or just fine us tut tut.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
another good reason to go somewhere else. even though I selected the nice little union jack and it went to English soon as it moved on went back to French on the next page and would not translate real useful that. Was as if they don't want the English to go there or just fine us tut tut.
Had the same problem first time, but started again and it stayed in English.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Got this email today

Madame, Monsieur,

Nous vous prions de bien vouloir trouver en pièce jointe votre facture relative à votre commande de certificat de qualité de l’air concernant le véhicule immatriculé REG No

Votre certificat sera expédié prochainement par courrier à l’adresse où le véhicule est enregistré.
Dans l’attente, cette facture vous permet de justifier de votre démarche et du classement de votre véhicule.

Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.

Le service de délivrance des certificats de qualité de l’air

Ce message est automatique, veuillez ne pas y répondre. Pour nous contacter, merci d’utiliser l’adresse [email protected]

GOOGLE SAYS

Madam, Sir,

Please kindly find attached your invoice for your order of certificate of air quality regarding the registered vehicle REG No

Your certificate will be mailed shortly to the address where the vehicle is registered.
Pending, this Bill allows you to justify your approach and classification of your vehicle.

Please accept, Madam, Sir, our distinguished salutations.

The issue of certificates of air quality service

This message is automatic, please do not respond. To contact us, please use the address [email protected]

Applied on the 11th I'll update when I receive it but 2 days to process is quite efficient. The attachment includes a copy of the class 2 sticker.