Fuel Cell for 2018 GW

Michael Moore

Premier Member
Any suggestions on a fuel cell for a 2018 Gold Wing? Firecreek design looks great but I do not see a 2018 model and it is a little pricey. Looking for something less than 1.5k and kinda flat like the firecreek.

How hard is it to make one?

Thanks in advance.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Any suggestions on a fuel cell for a 2018 Gold Wing? Firecreek design looks great but I do not see a 2018 model and it is a little pricey. Looking for something less than 1.5k and kinda flat like the firecreek.

How hard is it to make one?

Thanks in advance.
I am working on my AUX tank now and when I get done I will let you know and provide photos. Here is a preliminary photo of my tank that I designed and had Boyd Welding in Florida make. It is to big for what I want so I am having them cut it down some.

The tank was $325 which included a custom filler neck and custom designed sump on the bottom of the tank.

Last edited:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thats an i teresting aproach to a filler neck location Greg. What soft luggage goes across the flat top?

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thats an i teresting approach to a filler neck location Greg. What soft luggage goes across the flat top?
I don't put any luggage on top of the tank. I used to have the round Tour Tank AUX tanks so you could not do that any wahy. I have two saddlebags and a trunk, that better be enough space for LDComfort gear and tooth brush.

I did the filler neck that way so when I am on the side stand filling gas I do not have to walk around the bike to fill the AUX tank. The filler neck is pointing right at me.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I don't put any luggage on top of the tank. I used to have the round Tour Tank AUX tanks so you could not do that any wahy. I have two saddlebags and a trunk, that better be enough space for LDComfort gear and tooth brush.

I did the filler neck that way so when I am on the side stand filling gas I do not have to walk around the bike to fill the AUX tank. The filler neck is pointing right at me.
Well thought out and functional design. I suppose it is not too difficult to have a custom cover if desired. I was a little curious about the filler as well; but it makes perfect sense filling from the same side of the bike and any spillage should run-off the top fairly cleanly.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well thought out and functional design. I suppose it is not too difficult to have a custom cover if desired. I was a little curious about the filler as well; but it makes perfect sense filling from the same side of the bike and any spillage should run-off the top fairly cleanly.
I am going to have the tank LineX coated once it is complete so I hopefully I will not to need a cover.