Game Of Thrones - Battle of the 7 Kingdoms Rally - Begins June 21st - Winter Is Coming..GOT General Chat Thread

Your Khaleesi is requesting to know who amongst my great warriors is planning on being at the Border Run this weekend. Remember it does gain you points for your kingdom. The mad king is keen to know who he is hoping to meet from our great realm. Your Khaleesi was planning on accompanying him, but a planned Pink concerto did interfere. I was thus disheartened to find that the said concerto was cancelled and your Khaleesi is twiddling her thumbs in her castle. Time now to collate points and work on my next Proclamation - a doozy indeed.

Here then, as a reminder, are the combatants in this great quest

1. House Stark - QLD - The North
Leader - Eddard Stark - (Naughty Bart)

Army
- Maestor Aemon (Biggles)
- Jon Snow (TJ)
- Tormund Giantbane - (Drain)

House Stark has been very quiet in this battle of the 7 kingdoms

2. House Lannister - NSW - Casterley Rock
Leader - Tywin Lannister - (Kwaka )

Army

- Jaqen H'ghar (Vlad)
- Sandor Clegane, The Hound (Crappy)
- Tyrion Lannister - (Ed535)
- High Sparrow (Gatey)
  • Lord Petyr Baelish (Knave)
  • Clegor Clegane (OX34)
  • Cersei Lannister (Liz)
There have been some from
House Lannister that have excelled in their gathering of the spoils of war

3. House Arryn - VIC - Of the Vale
Leader - Ser Brynden Tully aka Blackfish - (Niko)

Army

Qyburn - (Grey Gentry)

It would appear that the mighty Blackfish is fighting this battle alone, and what a mighty effort he is making!

4. House Martell - NT/ACT - Of Dorne
Leader - Oberyn Martell - the red viper - (SimonB)

Army
Varys - (Kiwi martin )
Talisa Stark - (Piglet )
Prince Doran Martell Lord of Sunspear (Olaf)

Thus far, this is an impressive band of warriors, all banding together to fight their common enemies.

5. House Tyrell - SA - Of the Reach
Leader - Mace Tyrell - (Jeffrey Gebler)

Army

A valiant effort by this great leader thus far.

6. House Tully - WA - Riverrun
Leader - Edmur Tully - ...............?

7. House Greyjoy - TAS - of the Iron Islands
Leader - Balou Greyjoy - .............?

We shall not speak of these kingdoms, for surely they are wallowing in the nameless abyss.....

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
3. House Arryn - VIC - Of the Vale
Leader - Ser Brynden Tully aka Blackfish - (Niko) Nico
Army
Qyburn - (Grey Gentry)

It would appear that the mighty Blackfish is fighting this battle alone, and what a mighty effort he is making!
Thank you great Khaleesi.
Indeed it would appear that I am battling in this conflict alone....
Perhaps the aspiring 'warrior' Qyburn has lost his way and cannot find his steed or his sword.
Me hopes he is out of his dreaming soon enough to join the fray and assist me in this quest...

I am and have been for some time, enjoying the power of the sun deep inside the Kingdom of Stark, adjacent to the sea of coral.
Indeed it appears that the warriors of The North kingdom know not that I am even here, lest they launch an attack on their enemy!
I can assure you that in this warm place, there are many, many spoils of war to be claimed (especially fish!) but alas I have neither
my steed nor my Standard with me.
I look forward to returning to the battle in a timely manner.

Thank you great Khaleesi.
Indeed it would appear that I am battling in this conflict alone....
Perhaps the aspiring 'warrior' Qyburn has lost his way and cannot find his steed or his sword.
Me hopes he is out of his dreaming soon enough to join the fray and assist me in this quest...

I am and have been for some time, enjoying the power of the sun deep inside the Kingdom of Stark, adjacent to the sea of coral.
Indeed it appears that the warriors of The North kingdom know not that I am even here, lest they launch an attack on their enemy!
I can assure you that in this warm place, there are many, many spoils of war to be claimed (especially fish!) but alas I have neither
my steed nor my Standard with me.
I look forward to returning to the battle in a timely manner.
Enjoy your sojourn in the Northlands great warrior.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ah bugga.
Ive been remiss...too much dross and drift wood has prevented my further play for some weeks. A castle of mine own has be at the tip of my lance for months now. The glorious swell of the heart and a too sleep under cover has been twice now smashed by the gunner and the trebuchet.
Tasks and Royal Decrees have been gathered regardless in this turmoil. Will these now be just for laughs as the battle front moves on?
First time to show my face here in days and days.

Your Khaleesi commiserates. I have learned that a war is best fought any time other than the end of a financial year. I too have found my time rather stretched, but my warriors are always at the forefront of my mind, for surely they have the more difficult tasks. I am forever grateful to my faithful servant, Ser Jorah Mormont, who shall be posting the current points thus far. As our Got rally finishes on 13th September, it may invigorate you to know where the points currently stand.

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The Points thus far:

Should a House Leader or Combatant (only!) like to have a copy of the Spreadsheet, please send me a PM with your email address, and I'll provide.
Ser Jorah Mormont (AKA TigerBill)
done. Email sent to you privately, Doran

THE WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED

And so it is with great pleasure that I announce the winning House of the Game of Thrones - Battle of the 7 Kingdoms and reveal, not only the scores, but also the deviousness of the Leaders of the Houses at War, and the scheming and treachery that played out behind the scenes, which is often the way of great leaders and unsuspecting warriors.

Congratulations must firstly go out to the House with the highest score in this great battle.

The highest scoring house was HOUSE ARRYN, with a grand total score of 27565 points.
What is even more awe inspiring is that the battle was run solely by one warrior, the House Arryn Leader, Ser Brynden Tully, aka Blackfish, aka Nico. He did initially have one other warrior , but that warrior deserted the cause before the battle had even trully begun.

HOWEVER

Here is where the plot thickens.

On the 26th June, in the year of this great battle, your Khaleesi did receive a secret missive from 3 Houses from the south, who had secretly banded together to fight the treacherous Northern Houses.

The missive did state that due to their severe lack of warriors, the Houses of Tyrell, Arryn, and Martell would band together and form an alliance to wage war against the great Northern Houses of Stark and Lannister.

They agreed (in secret) to tally their spoils of war to defeat the great houses of the North.
Your Khaleesi, who often takes great joy in devious plots, accepted a sworn agreement between these 3 houses to fight the war together against the Houses of Stark and Lannister.

As the war progressed, it seemed that House Martell grew in numbers and strength, and in a further twist of either bravery, fear or treachery (it is surely in the perception of the warrior), on that fateful day known as 911, (11th September, in the year of this great battle), your Khaleesi did receive a FURTHER SECRET MISSIVE, this time from the leaders of House Arryn and House Tyrell.

This secret missive included a Sworn agreement between the Houses Tyrell and Arryn, severing their former agreement with House Martell. They had decided, due to the growing numbers of the warriors in House Martell, and the possibility of treachery and deceit on their part, it would be more advantageous for the Houses of Tyrell and Arryn to sever all ties with House Martell and band together to fight the war, thus disassociating themselves from their former tri-partite agreement made in June.

Ahh, the scheming that goes on in times of war with great leaders makes your Khaleesi's heart burst with delight!

Therefore, I now announce that the Winning Houses in this Game of Thrones - Battle of the 7 Kingdoms are :

HOUSE ARRYN, Ser Brynden Tully aka Blackfish, aka Nico and HOUSE TYRELL, Mace Tyrell aka Jeffrey Gebler - with a combined winning score of :

Congratulations to you both and commiserations to those Houses that were defeated by sheer valor and treachery!

You shall both receive a trophy, with the slightly larger trophy going to House Arryn and Nico, due to his sheer tenacity in finding spoils of war. He brought us many wonderful visions, as did the leader of House Tyrell, Jeffrey Gebler.

The final scores were:

1. House Arryn - 27565
2. House Martell - 21475
3. House Tyrell - 15010
4. House Lannister - 10650
5. House Stark - 2850
6. House Greyjoy - 0
7. House Tully - -40

Combined Winning Total - House Arryn and House Tyrell - 42575

Thank you to one and all for your participation in this Game of Thrones battle.

Your Khaleesi must now look to the next challenge - that of the Dam Hard to Say Rally.

If you have not yet registered for that, please do so. It will be lots of fun - The details of the rally will be printed up on that thread soon. There will be a cut off date for entries, which will be announced with those details.
It will be a 36 hour fun rally, starting and ending in Taree, NSW, which will be as easy or as hard as you want to make it.
We will meet in Taree on Friday evening, 26th October, for a meal and a meeting, and the rally proper will begin in the early hours of Saturday, 27th October and finish mid afternoon on Sunday 28th October.
If you have already signed up and are planning on joining us, perhaps book your accommodation in Taree for the Friday evening, and perhaps the Sunday evening if you plan on staying after the rally and making your way home on the Monday.

Thank you one and all once again, and particular thanks go to Ser Jorah Mormont, aka Tiger, who diligently kept a running tally of the scoresheet. Once again I have found his services indispensable.

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as your Khaleesi did.

Nico and Jeffrey, could you please private message me your addresses so that I can send you your trophies. Congratulations once again.

Your Khaleesi signing off (aka Lady Cuddles)

Last edited: