Garmin GPS Audio Streaming

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I do not know how many of us know about the streaming capabilities of some Garmin GPS's but I do it all the time with my BMW Nav 6 GPS. Garmin mentions that you can stream Pandora and or Spotify in their marketing but really you can pretty much stream anything that is plays audio on your smartphone.

I stream the XM Radio app and listen to the normal channels I am used to.

I know the Zumo series and some automotive GPS's like the DriveSmart series stream audio from your smartphone.

To use the XM Radio app you need your smartphone in front of you or be able to control it with Siri or Google Assistant from your Bluetooth headset.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Is this any better than streaming direct from your phone to your comm? I stream my phone to my Sena and also stream my Zumo 596 for GPS directions direct to Sena so two audio connections independent of each other mixed by the Sena, for example when the Zumo gives directions, my music or whatever audio from my phone will pause, let the Zumo send it's alert or directions and then plays again. Seems to give me the best of both worlds.

I also get text and email messages from my phone to the Zumo read to me on the Sena.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yep, that is a good way to get audio from your phone to the headset.

Many of us pair our phone to our GPS so we can get caller ID on the GPS and it seems to be easier to make calls from the GPS.

I have other Bluetooth devices connected to my headset along with my GPS so I can’t pair my phone to the headset do to the headsets limitations, only two connections.

Lanval

IBA Member
Yep, that is a good way to get audio from your phone to the headset.

Many of us pair our phone to our GPS so we can get caller ID on the GPS and it seems to be easier to make calls from the GPS.

I have other Bluetooth devices connected to my headset along with my GPS so I can’t pair my phone to the headset do to the headsets limitations, only two connections.
Which GPS are you using. Any thoughts on the Garmin 595LM?

Thanks

keithu

Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I have a Garmin 396 LMT-S and I made the mistake of setting up Pandora streaming on it. Now, every time the Garmin unit is turned on, Pandora launches on my phone and starts playing music whether I want it to or not. Killing the Pandora app on my phone does nothing, the Garmin app just forces it back open again. The only way to stop playback is to press Pause in the Pandora app on the 396 LMT-S.

I haven't figured out how to undo this fiasco yet, but I will.