Go and get a RooTED

Farkleit

Premier Member
Brian, not sure what brand mine is as I removed it from my ute to try on the bike. The reverse beeper is at least 10 years old.

If you look at the pics in the earlier post, I mounted the unit near the top LED light, only because it was easy to bolt on there. As the beeper sound seems a lot louder if you stand in front of it as opposed to the side, I made sure mine is pointing straight down the road.
Looks like yours is 87DB, i see there are now up to 107BD available, I wonder what Hackle ended up getting and if he has tried it yet.
I'm going shopping today to see whats at Repco and Bursons, ( only because they are close to work) I will not shop at Supercheap, i went into one of their stores and the wind blew a door into my foot, spent 4 days on the counch, couldnt work, xrays etc etc and supercheap refused to pay anything for the priveligde, anyhow moving forward, ill post up what i find and then ill add it to the thread of https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/bike-preparation-to-chase-frans.1349/

John negus

Hi All..i got a 107db beeper on ebay $23..connected it temporarily on front of my versys with zipties..came back through Dunedoo saturday night on the golden highway at about 9pm with it beeping..riding buddy behind me 20 to 30m distance. RESULT..i had no worries..saw 2 to 3 roos on verge none ran in front..BUT..pete my buddy on his Gs had two near misses with roos jumping out (one with Roozilla..the monster roo) another smaller roo and also kamikazi roo who just ran into the side of his bike..rip..kamikazi roo.. maybe the beeper frightens the roos on passing and they scatter so its probably better to not follow closely..less than a dozen roos does not make a test but its worth a thought..im fixing the beeper more permanently on my Capo and will contiinue testing..my nxt 24hr ibr ride is a bb2500 which i will do around Hay-Cobar-Broken Hill in the nxt month or so and that should give a better indication (the beep-beep is a PITA let me tell you)..cheers and yippee..jn

Fatman

Hi All..i got a 107db beeper on ebay $23..connected it temporarily on front of my versys with zipties..came back through Dunedoo saturday night on the golden highway at about 9pm with it beeping..riding buddy behind me 20 to 30m distance. RESULT..i had no worries..saw 2 to 3 roos on verge none ran in front..BUT..pete my buddy on his Gs had two near misses with roos jumping out (one with Roozilla..the monster roo) another smaller roo and also kamikazi roo who just ran into the side of his bike..rip..kamikazi roo.. maybe the beeper frightens the roos on passing and they scatter so its probably better to not follow closely..less than a dozen roos does not make a test but its worth a thought..im fixing the beeper more permanently on my Capo and will contiinue testing..my nxt 24hr ibr ride is a bb2500 which i will do around Hay-Cobar-Broken Hill in the nxt month or so and that should give a better indication (the beep-beep is a PITA let me tell you)..cheers and yippee..jn

Have you got music playing John? I don't hear it above our speakers

Farkleit

Premier Member
Well i went shopping and Micheal has a Hella unit on the beema. Ebay $60 elsewhere $70+
this is 89db
So i wnt hunting repco. Bursons all went to the Narva book 100mm long 60mm high and 40 to 50mm deep. And also around $70.
I then went to Jaycar. TaaaDaaaa they had 3 options. They even connected them all so i could listen. They had a round siren one about 40mm od. They has a similar one to the Narva one that was 92 db.
Then..... they had this

So due to their size i bought two.!!!
And why not they were $12.00 each and louder and higher pitch than the 90db unit.
Yes i will need to manufacture a bracket. Im thinking a light metal angle and a Hose clamp. Cheap and cheerful.

John negus

Thanks Fatman..i am a hyperactive ..perfect for IBR but it comes with the baggage that i dont need extra distractions from the job at hand SO no music/bluetooth/radio or any extra distra ctions for Jn..har har..cheers and yippee..jn

Fatman

Brian, yes that's the one I have, I had forgotten it was a Hella unit, I bought it years ago.

The unit you got from Jaycar is the one Hackle has fitted to his bike.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Brian, yes that's the one I have, I had forgotten it was a Hella unit, I bought it years ago.

The unit you got from Jaycar is the one Hackle has fitted to his bike.
Hackle. Where are you? Comments on how this has worked for you please. Im thinking one on the left. One on the right. Lol

Fatman

Hackle. Where are you? Comments on how this has worked for you please. Im thinking one on the left. One on the right. Lol
When we wired Hackles up, it sounded slightly louder than mine, mind you that was in our garage. I know at the weekend FarRide to Lightning Ridge he took a more eastern route and hardly saw any wildlife at all.

Reader57

Narva have two pre-wired units that are fairly narrow. 72609 and 72625. But they are expensive! Loud and technical but expensive.

HACKLE

Farkleit. That's the one that Fatman fitted to the front left under the headlight of the Trophy. As he said I didn't see any wildlife at all on the trip. Can't give you an indication of the effectiveness of the device. I'll have to get out a bit soon. But to tell you the "truth", I'm not looking forward to the testing of said device. But at $33.00 for the beeper, water proof switch and an inline fuse it's cheep insurance. It's rated at 95dba.

Farkleit

Premier Member
ok did a few local runs they gave indifferent result. soooooo
went for the upgrade. now 2x Hella fitted.

had to go set up lights tonight. passed 4 roos
2 with rooted running. 2 no rooted.
results. 2 jumped away when rooted on. 2 stayed put no rooted on.
appears hopeful.