Goals and rides for 2016

JimBurriss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have had the opportunity to attend a lot of conferences and training courses due to my "real" job. The ones the IBA put on are on par with the best I have been to, including large scale .gov training/conferences. The amount of forethought and attention to detail really makes a difference and it shows.

They are well worth the time/cost/effort for a participant.

MHO

In the Summer of 2016 I'll be riding a SS-2000 from Jacksonville to Cleveland Ohio and back. Then in September 2016 riding a 50cc, Jacksonville to San Diego.

By the way, I love this new IBA forum. Good choice of software.

Rick

Premier Member
My current plans are for the IBA Party in JAX, one of Hoagy's Heroes rides in June followed by the Minuteman 1000, and Void in October. I need to figure out my rides for July-September.

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I plan on doing another Team Lyle Alamo..what ever Doug names it this year, and The Not Superman 50CC the hard way. I was entered in Battlefront but it was canceled last week. Got to spend time with family and reservations will go through Jason's rally in Grand Junction. Bummer have a fun summer.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Not too many IBA goals for the year. I am doing an Eggsanity ride in May and a SS5K as a ride in to Jacksonville (San Bernardino is on the way to Jacksonville from Philly, isn't it?)

I hope to attend a few RTEs. Planning on the Rock N Ride rally, Void, and if my schedule cooperates the MD2020.

My main focus will be on Tour of Honor. I've placed 3rd twice and tied for 4th in 2015. I'll probably do a few SS1Ks while picking up ToH memorials but like many of my rides they may not be documented

Rony6ble

Premier Member
I'm really trying to get out of Arizona but want to finish my goal of riding all AZ State Routes (currently 40%), SS1K-Tour of Honor in AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM and KS.

Bellen

Premier Member
50CC with the MTF in April, West to East, then continue my Big Money Rally 2016 point gathering on the way home. Also doing the Team Strange Election Tour and Mileage Mania.
All of the above are prep for BL8 in July.

Reef

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Looking at doing both Why to Whynot's ( 1st in May then one in July) and a 50 CC from Jax to San Diego (with a BBG thrown in ) and a BBG 3000 from VA to San Diego.

I'll be quite happy to do another Great Lakes tour(which one doesn't matter) and a BB1500 or 2000, and if my Bride wants to come for the ride then all the better, and I have a few vacancies to fill on my maps.

Last edited:

Baxter

I'm hoping to ride a BB1500 from Bismarck, ND to the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort via Kansas City. That should be just enough miles and will include the Tail of the Dragon on the route. I'll take it easy on the return home by riding the Blue Ridge parkway.

Rollin'

Premier Member
This year I'm hoping to add a little more challenge to a day ride.
Total miles will be 1079 with only 58 miles on the interstate and 100's and 100's of curves.
Should be scenic and fun!

I've been out of the game for a few years. I've still been riding, flower sniffing and going places for my music career.

I'm dipping my toe back into the pool this summer, although just looking to ride mostly daytime tours/events. I signed up to the Wild, Weird, & Wacky rally next month.

I've also created my own "Warship" tour. First two weeks of August, I'll be visiting warship museums around the Great Lakes, then heading down to Corpus Cristie to the USS Lexington. I'll then work my way along the Gulf Coast and then up the East Coast, visiting every major warship museum along the way. Not doing LD miles on this trip, as I want to spend time poking around each vessel during their open hours.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I've been out of the game for a few years. I've still been riding, flower sniffing and going places for my music career.

I'm dipping my toe back into the pool this summer, although just looking to ride mostly daytime tours/events. I signed up to the Wild, Weird, & Wacky rally next month.

I've also created my own "Warship" tour. First two weeks of August, I'll be visiting warship museums around the Great Lakes, then heading down to Corpus Cristie to the USS Lexington. I'll then work my way along the Gulf Coast and then up the East Coast, visiting every major warship museum along the way. Not doing LD miles on this trip, as I want to spend time poking around each vessel during their open hours.
I hope the Olympia in Philly is on your list! I volunteer there and would be happy to provide you with a guided tour of the ship if it can be worked into our schedules. The Battleship NJ is right across the river as well.

I hope the Olympia in Philly is on your list! I volunteer there and would be happy to provide you with a guided tour of the ship if it can be worked into our schedules. The Battleship NJ is right across the river as well.
Absolutely, I'll be stopping at the Olympia and New Jersey. If I'm on schedule, I should be there for Aug 10.