Great Lakes Challenge

Joseph Kappes

Kankujoe
Premier Member
I'm considering participation in IBA's Great Lakes Challenge in July. Anyone planning on riding it this year?

I'd like to read about other rider's experiences doing this ride.

Joseph Kappes

Kankujoe
Premier Member
I'll do it someday, but that week is the BMWMOA Rally in NY, and I plan on being there.
Ride Safe,
Robert
Robert,

I plan on stopping by the BMW Rally while doing the GLC. I won't be able to stay for more than a few hours but maybe I can make it to the IBA pizza party on Friday night. If not, I'll be there for a few hours on Saturday.

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Joe,
Is there another Pizza Party at the MOA like last year? Haven't seen any details yet? I didn't know there was a pizza party at the MOA, and tried to get in but failed. Is there a link for this years party?
Ride Safe,
Robert

Joseph Kappes

Kankujoe
Premier Member
Joe,
Is there another Pizza Party at the MOA like last year? Haven't seen any details yet? I didn't know there was a pizza party at the MOA, and tried to get in but failed. Is there a link for this years party?
Ride Safe,
Robert
Robert,
Yes, IBA usually has a pizza party Friday evening. Mike Kneebone usually presents certificates to those who did an IBA SS or BB to the rally. I did the Big Sky 1000 ride to last year's rally in Billings, Montana.

Joseph Kappes

Kankujoe
Premier Member
I don't recall a link. I got my info in a Premier Member email.
Joe, What if you just attend the MOA Rally? Do you have to do a 'ride' in to attend?
Ride Safe,
Robert
In previous years the IBA had a table in the exhibition hall where you could buy a ticket to the pizza party. It is open to all IBA members whether or not you did a ride to the rally.

Last edited:

kjsmart

Premier Member
I started and ended my GL Gold at the BP gas station in Stevensville, MI. I chose a clockwise route and opted to run up along the TC11 rather than down on the TC17. Less congestion, less traffic -- and more big trucks to act as Moose Sweepers(TM). I stopped for about 5 hours at the Villa Inn, a small mom-and-pop motel on the western edge of Hearst. Clean, comfortable, relatively inexpensive -- but that was (Holy crap!) back in 2004!

Kevin Smart
Mt Pleasant, MI