GTR's (Get Together Rides)

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
So June Long weekend....8th to 10 June.
Should probably put a question mark after June.
Just putting it out here.
" Bike me"... Russ whats that?
Sounds interesting could be a GTR without much work.
Post it up man.

Rusjel

Premier Member
So June Long weekend....8th to 10 June.
Should probably put a question mark after June.
Just putting it out here.
" Bike me"... Russ whats that?
Sounds interesting could be a GTR without much work.
Post it up man.
Bikeme is another group I've been a part of for the last 12 years. They're good folks but they tend to keep to themselves. This is their memorial weekend.

MIXR

I rode through Trunkey Creek this morning on my favourite Canberra-Crookwell-Tuena-Trunkey-Perthville-Rockley-Black Springs-Taralga-Crookwell-Canberra loop.

Rockley might be better. Nice old town and good pub/café. Not much at Trunkey. If this comes off, I'll try and be there. That weekend is clear for me as it starts two weeks long-service leave. Either that, or fishing! Cheers, Mick.

Tele

Premier Member
I hope to be on LSL during June, so the weekend looks good on paper. However, 09 June is my dear wife's birthday and I doubt I can get a leave pass. And, I'm also flying out to India around 13\14 June (without my dear wife) so being home the weekend before I leave might be the more politically correct course of action :rolleyes::cool:
p.s: my step-brother Michael and his partner Anne have the Criterion Hotel in Crookwell if you get stuck for a place to stay. Love them dearly and I'm sure they will look after you!

Last edited:

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
It's a great idea resurrected Gatey.
Unfortunately that weekend I will be getting back from taking my lovely Jenn to WA - on the highway!
She's been to Perth a few times (flying), and despite me having done the Nullarbor crossing and WA by road
at least 20-25 times, she has never done it.
One of those iconic Aussie things one has to do at least once in your life!
I dare not let her know there is a way for her to get out of it....

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Working back up the page.
Nico mate Jenn will be getting to see an iconic and geographical divide in our landscape. Enjoy your travels together mates.
Tele...India yeh well it sort of trumps a bush pub for sure..But Croockwell? Ill give it some thought for a location and date if noone is interested in this Loose date.
Mick take us fishing at Trunkey Creek...an afternoon ride to Rockley thenwe can go back to Truncky and wonder why. But with fish.
Frans has a secret ride location on the Gold Coast so post some pics after the event just for shareing.
TD's in the states bashing the miles out and Russ is a maybe or mightbe .
Thats ok.
Mybe Ill just get a rope on TK and go for a ride anyway.
Shortly to start building a house. Muster will bookmark a start date. Oh and a build on a superhighschool some stuff at UNE and no dought a hissyfit along the way.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
So the 20th Anniversary ride fell through for me but my leave was booked regardless.
I'm taking off in the morning for a short dawdle into Qld doing some research.
While I'm out Ill put some thought to a GTR location. Nindigully comes to mind as does Meandarra which also has an amazing military museum.
I'm thinking a pub with camping and rooms for those not keen on sleeping out. Nidi has both and I've also rolled a swag on the lawn at Meandarra.
Just two locations for now, lets see what I find in the next few days.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
"The Rabbit Trap Hotel" located at Albert on the Trangie Dandaloo Rd between Tottenham and Tullamore also comes to mind.
The road mentioned is sealed all the way from memory for those not too keen on gravel travel.

I'm pondering some time latter half of October.
Let me scope the place out.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Don't know about "melted beachball" but TigerBill referred to it as a "Girly".

I sold that bike months ago and the pic was on the ride out to Tottenham last year. Special occasion as among other riders Wendy Crockett and Tabledrain were there in the midst of the Aussie leg of their 100K mile summer.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ive never seen "trap" in the flesh up on the roof.

TK and I went out there years ago in the hope of seeing it. But its was stored in the back of the truck depot so we snuck ther bikes in thropugh a narrow little gap between two buildings and got our photos. Probably the only photos of the trap with bikes at ground level.

Ill check things out Ed. Cabins and camping are hi on the list.