headset lost connection sena

has any one experienced the sena srl2 headset randomly losing audio connection? Got a new helmet and this was the recommended piece of kit all new together and paired as expected. only use the GPs through it no intrest in the other stuff it can connect too.
when in use it just stops sending audio instructions no logic as to why it just does only way to reconnect is disconnect then reconnect through GPS
anyone any ideas other than buy another this sort of neatly hides in the helmet which was the whole idea.

Ian M

i guess you're probably using in it shoei neotec?

mine has, on occasion, done that, i also find that if the unit has not been used for a while, it takes ages to connect to the device

have you tried updating the firmware, its a free download, there is also a smart phone app that may help,

updating the firmware has stopped that for now on mine

it could also be the battery running out? i find sena claims of their longevity are a little overoptimistic

https://www.sena.com/product/srl2/downloads

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
I bought a new Shoei and the Sena that was recommended for it. Supposed to be a seamless connection between iPhone, Zumo XT and the Sena, but it's anything but.
I can get the phone connecting up each time, but the satnav is very hit and miss, which like Stig, is the only thing I really want.

A very frustrating waste of money so far, in my opinion.

correct shoei and sena, and not really satisfied with performance so far cured it being to quiet with some foam pads to move speakers closer to the ears you'd think some one would have checked you could actually hear something above 30 mph but then you'd also expect the same company to check it would stay connected.
new firmware (whatever that is) now installed just have to try it now.
previously i'd only used scala riders they had faults but never lost a connection.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Bluetooth!

When it works great but a real PITA when it randomly stops.

When I'm 'working' on cycle events I use wires, they work and so far never fail, whereas all my colleagues who use Bluetooth within their systems always, and I mean always, have conectivity issues.

For 'work' I use Autocom and hard wires in ear speakers. For pleasure I use Packtalk Bold, which for the most part works. They kid you into thinking you can easily pair to a riding buddy, now I'm not thick, but the hoops you need to jump through are mind-boggling.

Good luck with it Stig and it will something simple like the order things connect up in and whether your particular Bluetooth is happy with that!

Bloody technology I have a real Love/Hate relationship with it.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
You'd have thought they would have thoroughly tested it before they put it on the market.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
You'd have thought they would have thoroughly tested it before they put it on the market.
You are joking Gordon, companies now have to get product into the market asap as the product life cycle is so short, we are their testers. It does not pay to be an early adopter.

I still use wires and Autocom as I do not trust BlueTooth.

Only yesterday I noticed my Associate had a PackTalk Bold, as do I, so I think easy peasy we can talk to each other on our ride. Twenty minutes later we gave up and honestly we are not thick!

You are joking Gordon, companies now have to get product into the market asap as the product life cycle is so short, we are their testers. It does not pay to be an early adopter.

I still use wires and Autocom as I do not trust BlueTooth.

Only yesterday I noticed my Associate had a PackTalk Bold, as do I, so I think easy peasy we can talk to each other on our ride. Twenty minutes later we gave up and honestly we are not thick!
Or a late adopter of said technology 5 years and the IT lot don't want to support it anymore, its all a con really. your right Dave i think the testing must be minimal for most stuff no sooner do you buy it and you have to update it or it stops working as it should

DrNeo

Premier Member
It may be your GPS's fault and not Sena's... my Garmin 396 will sometimes stop middirection, then speak the next 3 or 4 previous turns all in a row quickly, after I re-pair the GPS/Sena

It may be your GPS's fault and not Sena's... my Garmin 396 will sometimes stop middirection, then speak the next 3 or 4 previous turns all in a row quickly, after I re-pair the GPS/Sena
still testing firmware update but original fault somewhat different to yours once it losses connection thats it you have to reconnect it even though the garmin still thinks its connected ?? as i said full afternoon without any hiccups so far post firm-ware update hopefully be using it again next week so another test then.