Hello from Denmark.

So, time to join the IBA-forum. I´d like to tell you a bit about myself and my background.

I´m a danish motorcyclist (not a "biker" :) ), who´s been riding motorcycles both summer and winter since 1981. My first "long" ride was in 1982 with my uncle and one of his friends, to Formula 1 in Belgium (having just a few month riding experience this certainly was a long ride!). And to be honest, I wasn´t impressed by the way they rode; to much "it will probably work out", and to little planning.

But I liked the thought of riding long trips, so (to make a long story short), over the next many years, I developed my own way of doing it, though there was some years where I didn´t ride much, caused by house buying, marriage and children.

In 2009 I bought a new Honda XL 1000 Varadero (a bike not sold in the USA), and in 2010, two Honda Africa Twins, of which I build a nice winterbike ;). One of the Africa Twins had a sticker from Iron Butt Association on the fuel tank (the guy who sold them to me, had been in USA riding Harley, including an Iron Butt Ride). Having never heard of this, I went on the internet and found an organization with the same goal as myself: safe long distance riding! At that time, my longest ride had been 1250 km home from Norway, which, with my developed way of riding was a piece of cake, so 360 km more didn´t frighten me.

In 2011 I planned a trip to Kirkeness and The North Cape in Norway, and this gave me the opportunity of trying to do a double Iron Butt Ride; a SaddleSore 1600K and a BunBurner 2500K. This ride went beyond expectation, and I got my first IBA certificates! Over the next years, I did both a couple of SaddleSore 1600K´s and a couple of SaddleSore 2000K´s, culminating with the BunBurner Gold 2500K in August last year.

Next step for me, is looking at the Mile Eater program, which I´ve now been working on for some month, hoping to reach some specific level before Christmas :).

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I would say welcome to the madness; but it sounds like you have been mad for some time now. :) Impressive ride resume - looking forward to future reports.

Thanks Ira, I am aware of that, I know a couple of the swedish guys. But dealing with you is no problem in these internet times, especially now that the ride applications can be send electronic. Only problems I´ve had, is that USPS didn´t seem to know where Denmark is... I think they´ve found out now ;)

So, as written elsewhere, my latest three Rides, from September, October and November 2017, were verified
and yesterday I received the Certificates. Together with the three Riding Certificates I also received my Mile Eater
Certifications; Basic, Bronze and 2 x Silver (one for each of the two versions):

I also promised you a Mile Eater Ride Report, but this will come later, as tomorrow me and "The Camel" (my winterbike :)), will enter the
ferry to Norway to participate in the Primus-meeting, a motorcycle meeting in the middle of nowhere and without any facilities (except for
a lot of snow ;)), you´ll have to bring with you everything you need:

CB650F

Premier Member
Normally I would welcome you to the group, but it looks like you've been in the group for a long time now. Instead, I'll just say a big hearty "Hello, from the States" and wish you good luck in your riding.

Normally I would welcome you to the group, but it looks like you've been in the group for a long time now. Instead, I'll just say a big hearty "Hello, from the States" and wish you good luck in your riding.
Nono, i am relativ new on here, so tank you very much.

HACKLE

As a young man I was told, "looks can be deceiving". In your case, you look perfectly sane. Now I know that's not the case. You'll fit right in here in the "nut house". Cheers.