Help me Farkle my GSA

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks, I thought the bark busters would interfere, but I see that is not a issue with lidlox.
Lidlox is pretty slick, lots of places to mount it. I have mine on my luggage plate behind my aux fuel tank. I just plop my helmet on top of the filler neck and run the cable through the d rings. If some one with good cutters comes around it's easy to cut and go, but it will stop a grab and run thief while I'm in a store or something and when under a cover it's basically invisible.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Lidlox is pretty slick, lots of places to mount it. I have mine on my luggage plate behind my aux fuel tank. I just plop my helmet on top of the filler neck and run the cable through the d rings. If some one with good cutters comes around it's easy to cut and go, but it will stop a grab and run thief while I'm in a store or something and when under a cover it's basically invisible.
..or the random kid with bad boundaries who loves your pink helmet and so she puts it on and runs around making "vroom vroom pew pew" noises.

(Ok, that one I didn't mind TOO much, but it did make me a bit more aware.)

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Finally got my Aux Tank mount prepped. I used almost zero percent of my original concept. In the end, I started measuring and cutting steel and buying hardware to connect it to the bike. Several trips to the hardware store, and I think I have a workable mock-up. The steel is a little bit too heavy for my little flux core welder, so I am calling in a favor. My friend is going to finish weld it, and I should have it back tomorrow night. I'm going to try to talk him into drilling the 1/2" holes on the drill press, and maybe soften some of the corners while he has it. His home shop is a little better equipped than my garage.

I may have it plumbed by next week. I think this is my last big project with fabrication. I have a lot of small items left to bring it up to snuff before May.

One other item that came in is my RDL. I haven't been out on it, but static testing has me pretty stoked!
20220329_193714_remastered2.jpg

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Finally was able to pass gas last night, and everything stayed dry. Always a relief.

Now to take it out for a LONG ride.

I also received a new wiring harness for my radar detector, so I may get that wired up, along with the lead for my RDL.
Always a good sign...

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Finally was able to pass gas last night, and everything stayed dry. Always a relief.

I also received a new wiring harness for my radar detector, so I may get that wired up, along with the lead for my RDL.
Any photographic insight to the routing of the fuel line? Assuming under the tank and then up from the front?
My spacers arrive soon so I'm close

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Any photographic insight to the routing of the fuel line? Assuming under the tank and then up from the front?
My spacers arrive soon so I'm close
That's what I did. No pics, as I can barely get my hands in there... If I open it back up, I'll try to snap a few.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Well, I had to cut my ride short. Once there was a full tank, evidently there was enough weight to cause one of the fittings to leak. I probably should have replaced it the first time around, but it was part of the valve, and they don't grow on trees. No amount of tightening it would help, so I made another trip to the hardware store. It's all back together now, but I don't know when I'll test it next. Maybe next weekend.

Made the garage rather 'fragrant' in the process. Better to find it now, though.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I had a good run today. I replaced all the plumbing from the tank to the disconnect yesterday. Today, I was able to run enough gas through it to confirm no leaks. I just need to run a full fuel load through it now to see how that goes.

RDL was nice. Heat works, but didn't really need it today.
20220424_190113 2.jpg 20220424_190119 2.jpg 20220424_190137 2.jpg 20220424_190143 2.jpg 20220424_190150 2.jpg 20220424_190202 2.jpg 20220424_190213 2.jpg

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Did you use the vent method?