Hidden(not mentioned) rides

koval21184

Premier Member
IBA Member
I was wondering if someone could provide a list of the hidden(not mentioned) rides that are currently avail but not mentioned on the "Big List"? I did my first SS1000 the other week and am already addicted and want to plan the next. I saw a post for the Atomic Ride and would love to do something like that but it is a little out of my range for now. Hoping someone could post some other funky rides that are a little closer to PA.
Thank you in advance.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
They aren't "hidden" per se, and I don't know if there is a list or not. Some of these simply started out as part of a Rally or other event. The Gator 1000 was part of the IBA Pizza party event, for example. The Atomic 1000 sort of started with the LOE rally, which was always put on over the weekend in the Fall when the Trinity Site was open. It was always a bonus location during the LOE. It's available in the Spring as well.

You can think up and create your own theme rides too. It may not end up on any list, just be your own personal theme. From Hope to President, as an example. Hope, AR to Clinton, AR to Clinton, PA is 1076 miles. (Hope, AR is Bill Clinton's hometown.) Do that and you may be the first. ;)

Considering the oil history in PA, you could probably have some fun making up a ride around that. There are a lot of cool historical spots in PA.

Brian Thorn

Premier Member
The Atomic 1000 sort of started with the LOE rally, which was always put on over the weekend in the Fall when the Trinity Site was open. It was always a bonus location during the LOE. It's available in the Spring as well.
Just to clarify, I've never ridden the LOE, and I was not aware of the Trinity Site being a bonus location when I created the Atomic 1000 in 2017. It was just an idea I came up with and executed.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well put Brian. Essentially, others did that ride long before you, but you were the first to give it a name and make it a specific Named Ride.

Atomic 1000 copy.jpg

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I hear the Pillion 5K is a hidden ride. 5 SS's as a Pillion on 5 different bikes with 5 different drivers.
I don't see too many going for that ride. Being pillion requires a certain level of trust in the rider. And sharing your pillion for a day off riding with another person could create issues as well. ;)

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Just to clarify, I've never ridden the LOE, and I was not aware of the Trinity Site being a bonus location when I created the Atomic 1000 in 2017. It was just an idea I came up with and executed.
Yes, we had it in the LOE from the beginning, around 2001 (along with the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta held the same weekend).

Ira Agins
Rallymaster, Land of Enchantment 1000, 2001-2011.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Part of the old school certificate on paper asks for up to three cities you visited during the ride. Your DBR, (dated business receipts), need to back up these locations. This certificate ride was also done during an endurance rally, where bonus locations are known, and what bonus locations you collected are a mater of record with the Rally Master, and odometer check runs are performed to identify and record your odo correction factor to determine exact mileage during the event.

So yes, actually, the information is known by the persons writing the certificate, and has been verified prior to the issue of the certificate. That's the point, documentation and verification.

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I was wondering if someone could provide a list of the hidden(not mentioned) rides that are currently avail but not mentioned on the "Big List"? I did my first SS1000 the other week and am already addicted and want to plan the next. I saw a post for the Atomic Ride and would love to do something like that but it is a little out of my range for now. Hoping someone could post some other funky rides that are a little closer to PA.
Thank you in advance.
Just to be clear - you can do any ride you want, not only the rides on the Big List.

Use Google Maps or some other mapping program to "design" whatever ride you want. I usually start & end my rides near my home. For a few BB1500 mile rides I came up with a +750 mile loop starting & ending at my home. After doing the first loop I returned home for a few hours sleep, then did the second loop - in the reverse direction. That way I saw both sides of the road.

bikerbill

IBR Finisher
Just to be clear - you can do any ride you want, not only the rides on the Big List.

Use Google Maps or some other mapping program to "design" whatever ride you want.
I have this ride in the plans:
Start: Hidalgo,TX
End: Hidalgo, IL
My motorcycle’s name is Hidalgo.

The ride’s proposed name:
“From Hidalgo to Hidalgo on Hidalgo”