highway pegs

TomMcD

Amazon will have dozens of options in different styles and price ranges. 25mm is close enough to 1" that it makes no difference in this application. The "Gold" standard is probably Ilium Works, and they are priced accordingly for nicely machined and functional parts.

The first question you will want to answer is where you want your feet. Ilium works has a handy video on how to help find a comfy location.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So like.. ok, forgive me, this is a dumb question, but.. do they fold up, or just stick out EVEN MORE? If they fold up, how the hell do you UNFOLD them? Just like.. hook a heel on them or something?

I know, it's dumb question, I just have never had them on a bike nor looked too closely at them.

TomMcD

Not dumb at all. They fold in either outboard of, or under the cylinder depending on where you have them lined up. I flip them in our out with my toes. I can also tell you that without feet on them, mine fold in on their own somewhere north of 90 mph. On a race track, in Mexico of course.

So like.. ok, forgive me, this is a dumb question, but.. do they fold up, or just stick out EVEN MORE? If they fold up, how the hell do you UNFOLD them? Just like.. hook a heel on them or something?

I know, it's dumb question, I just have never had them on a bike nor looked too closely at them.

craydds

Premier Member
Conan, ilium works makes several different highway pegs. The particular model that I listed above is made specifically for the ilium works engine guards. Not sure that they will work with the R and G crash bars. I am mounting and installing them at this present moment. Illium works does make a universal mount highway peg that is designed to mount to any crash bar.
made pics; will try to post this evening.

Last edited:

craydds

Premier Member
These are Ilium Works https://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=30-450BL&pID=172 .
2.jpeg
Right side
1.jpeg
Tucked in under the head.
3.jpeg
There are other pegs from Ilium that could be mounted in various position, but I feel they would be more obtrusive. It all depends upon where you would like to place your feet while cruising down the road. I like the way the 30-450BL pegs tuck under the head, seems to be unobtrusive.

TomMcD

This is the same model as I have. I just have mine adjusted all the way to the aft end of the fore to aft bar for my short legs. To the design credit, even with that leverage they’re sold.

These are Ilium Works https://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=30-450BL&pID=172 .
View attachment 8420
Right side
View attachment 8421
Tucked in under the head.
View attachment 8422
There are other pegs from Ilium that could be mounted in various position, but I feel they would be more obtrusive. It all depends upon where you would like to place your feet while cruising down the road. I like the way the 30-450BL pegs tuck under the head, seems to be unobtrusive.