Hoagy's Heroes June 8 - 11 SaddleSore week - WV, OH, PA

Hoagy

Premier Member
By popular demand, Hoagy’s heroes have decided to ramp up the 2016 ride offerings!

On June 8th through the 10th we have three exciting in-state IBA pre-approved routes:

- West Virginia In-State 1000 (can be ridden 8th, 9th or 10th - your choice!)

- Ohio In-State 1000 (can be ridden 8th, 9th or 10th - your choice!)

- Pennsylvania In-State 1000 (can be ridden 8th, 9th or 10th - your choice!)

Serious riders are invited to ride all three for an In-State 1000 Trifecta (the first special certificate for three in a row) along with a Saddlesore 3000 certification.

WAIT, there is more during SaddleSore week!

The Hillbilly 1000 - under the direction of IBA President Michael Kneebone - who will also be on hand to present your special Hillbilly 1000 certificate. Can be ridden 8th, 9th or 10th - your choice!

https://goo.gl/maps/d8Sr1dsAiQ32

The Hillbilly 1000 is an especially demanding ride. You won't be dealing with gas receipts, but you will need a camera (your smart phone will do!) and we will provide a special HillBilly 1000 rally flag and send you on your way to photograph HillyBilly inspired sites across the south. A lot of fun for someone looking for a challenge. For a good idea on how a rally flag ride works, visit http://www.ironbutt.com/daytona/rallyflag101.html

And a choice of SaddleSore 2000s too!

The SaddleSore 2000 - 2,000 miles in 48 hours - (can be ridden 8th, 9th or 10th - your choice!)

The Out West SS2000

Or the Down South SS2000:

Up for a Canadian challenge?! How about the Far North 2000 - BRING YOUR PASSPORT!

And there is more!

A Bun Burner 1500 (36 hours) - (can be ridden 8th, 9th or 10th - your choice!)

A Bun Burner GOLD (1,500 miles in 24 hours) - (can be ridden 8th, 9th or 10th - your choice!)

Choices are the Out West BBG (or BB 1500 if you run out of time):

OR how about the Down South BBG/BB1500 route?!

Or the Far North 1500 (BBG or BB) - BRING YOUR PASSPORT FOR FUN!

No matter which route you choose, as certified eyewitnesses, you can forget the fuel logs and complicated forms needed for an individual ride! You come in, you sign in, we feed you, we check your odometer and off you go! You just have to go have fun riding those pesky miles.

Sign in is at 8 pm the night before each ride in Moundsville, West Virginia at Hoagy's Heroes party central. Hot Dogs will be served each night (or what ever Hoagy digs up for fun food), along with snacks and water, coke, etc. A riders meeting will be held a 9 pm. Riders are free to leave any time after 9 pm, but we assume must will go back to their hotel for a fresh start in the morning.

And when the dust settles from these exciting series of rides, on Saturday at 5 pm on June 11th there will be a party at Heroes’ Haven where riders who complete any of the above rides will receive their certificates – NO WAITING! IBA President said no fancy Hotel style food, he wants us to enjoy a homemade meal of fresh American style Ribs and Chicken hot off our grill, along with a couple of side-dishes to go along with them. You can BYOB, so we will try to arrange rides back and forth to area hotels.

Registration information at:

http://www.hoagysheroes.org/index.php/all-events/11-hoagys-heroes-insane-ride-week-2016

Hoagy

Last edited by a moderator:

tdragger

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This is tempting. I did notice that the proposed route in West Virginia has a short stretch of 5 miles through Virginia between stops 3 and 4 along US 460. Does that invalidate the in-state status or are short oddities like this allowable?

ok guys and girls we r working on it please give us some time 304-639-1863 if u need to chat thank u for all your time since we do not have an advertising budget any thing helps but thank u for catching it have a great day tc hoagy

This is tempting. I did notice that the proposed route in West Virginia has a short stretch of 5 miles through Virginia between stops 3 and 4 along US 460. Does that invalidate the in-state status or are short oddities like this allowable?
tdragger I have a fb page hoagys heroes we will be doing some rte over in mad if u would like to join us love to have u I post them there

tdragger

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If I'm reading the event page (http://www.hoagysheroes.org/index.php/all-events/11-hoagys-heroes-insane-ride-week-2016) correctly, the start/stop location for each of the in-state runs is located at the Glen Dale site. Is that correct? Or will you have start/stop witnesses at the Econo Lodge.

A riders meeting is held at 9pm the night before each run and check-in must be by 8pm the next day for the next run. Correct?

If all of the activities are being held in Glen Dale, is it reasonable to stay at the Haven Inn instead and save the hour round-trip up to Triadelphia?

I'm just trying to figure out logistics so that I can complete the Trifecta.

If I'm reading the event page (http://www.hoagysheroes.org/index.php/all-events/11-hoagys-heroes-insane-ride-week-2016) correctly, the start/stop location for each of the in-state runs is located at the Glen Dale site. Is that correct? Or will you have start/stop witnesses at the Econo Lodge.

A riders meeting is held at 9pm the night before each run and check-in must be by 8pm the next day for the next run. Correct?

If all of the activities are being held in Glen Dale, is it reasonable to stay at the Haven Inn instead and save the hour round-trip up to Triadelphia?

I'm just trying to figure out logistics so that I can complete the Trifecta.
ok if u are doing the trifecta u will only check in once in Glendale there is just a riders meeting and some hot dogs or whatever I fix also on the trifecta u can do the special hillbilly run mike has put together
plus the haven has never lets us do a reservation before because of the pipeliners but starting and ending point is the econo lodge u can always call me at 304-639-1863 anytime does this make sense
as u can see I am not in charge of the computer stuff but I will do the best I can sir :}

LDR rallying/riding is a bucket list item for me. I've done almost every other kind of riding (missed out on ice racing and supercross), and I've been intrigued by the LDR thing for many many years. Well, the time has come. I bought a touring-capable bike yesterday, and some combination of the Hoagy's Heros event will be my first ever foray into this challenging and rewarding type of riding. I'm thinking Of doing a combo of the Northern BB1500 and the Hillbilly 1000 over the course of the three days. This seems a little more reasonable than doing three back-to-back-to-back 1000 mile rides as my first ever attempt.

I'll be the new guy with roughly 4.6x the amount of crap than he actually needs, and yet magically manages to only have about half of what he actually needs. If the organizers can't come up with at least one humiliating story that involves my n00b ineptitude I'll be more than a little disappointed.

See you all there!

Last edited:

Tep_52

Premier Member
Just wondering if you are going to schedule something like this on a weekend for those of us that have to work during the week. By the way I am not hating just wishing I could make it