How to edit my post

Garage Monster

Premier Member
IBA Member
I have a long post that I did with cut and paste and some spaces between words disappeared. How can I go back and fix that? Also I put a picture in another post and it appears twice. How can I fix that?

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Garage Monster the 'EDIT' function is down on the left. At least it is on my desktop computer version.

Here's an old post of mine showing the location:

Garage Monster

Premier Member
IBA Member
I just logged in with Chrome and no difference. I am going to my post and have looked at the bottom of the post and also the very bottom of the thread and nothing.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have a long post that I did with cut and paste and some spaces between words disappeared. How can I go back and fix that? Also I put a picture in another post and it appears twice. How can I fix that?
Greetings ...
In the thread, I didn't see any mention of it, maybe too obvious, but you must be logged in to the forum with your post's original Login ID in order to edit your posting.
As an example, I viewed a recent posting of mine, both while logged in, and while not logged in.
The "Edit" link appeared while I was logged in, after all the message content. (Red Arrow in partial screen shot). That link was not shown on the screen when I viewed my post while not logged in.

Forum-edit.jpg
I am using up-to-date versions of Chrome, on a Windows 10 laptop. And my Staff position does not allow my editing of others' postings.

Regards ... Dave

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Greetings ...
In the thread, I didn't see any mention of it, maybe too obvious, but you must be logged in to the forum with your post's original Login ID in order to edit your posting.
As an example, I viewed a recent posting of mine, both while logged in, and while not logged in.
The "Edit" link appeared while I was logged in, after all the message content. (Red Arrow in partial screen shot). That link was not shown on the screen when I viewed my post while not logged in.Regards ... Dave
In his screen shot, however, it appears (at the top of the screen on the same line where it says "Alerts") that he is, in fact, logged in.

As I said, I've asked Mike to look into it.

Ira

Garage Monster

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks guys. I have tried every suggestion made including the requirement to be logged in and I cannot find the edit link. I will try using Chrome and see if that makes a difference.
Robert