How to pay online when doing application online?

We normally send you an email with payment instructions when the ride is verified.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Was not sure how the payment worked. I paid via paypal. I kept the transaction #, in case they send me an email requesting payment.

Many Thanks,

Ira, just to confirm....you wait for confirmation that the ride was certified and then you process payment? This is the way I interpreted it, but now I'm left wondering. I did a SS1000 in May of this year but didn't actually get around to gathering, scanning, and submitting until July 31'st, done electronically. I did get the confirmation email that the email was received but have not heard anything since.

I assume this is just the normal processing delay (any guestimates on how far out that may be?) and not becuase I screwed up and didn't pay at the same time and my application got tossed?

Thanks!

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Ira, just to confirm....you wait for confirmation that the ride was certified and then you process payment? This is the way I interpreted it, but now I'm left wondering. I did a SS1000 in May of this year but didn't actually get around to gathering, scanning, and submitting until July 31'st, done electronically. I did get the confirmation email that the email was received but have not heard anything since.

I assume this is just the normal processing delay (any guestimates on how far out that may be?) and not becuase I screwed up and didn't pay at the same time and my application got tossed?

Thanks!
Yes. When submitting via email we invoice you if/when the ride has passed review. It reduces the number of refunds we need to process for rides that are rejected.

Yes, it is normal turnaround time. Right now, it can take as long as 12-14 weeks for us to complete a verification.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Thanks Ira - I guess I won't get to brandish my IBA Licence Plate until next season, we have realistically 8-9 weeks of riding left here before the bikes go away for the winter months. I guess I should have submitted things right away when we completed the ride back in May - you snooze, you loose. ;)

Horseiron1

Premier Member
Yes. When submitting via email we invoice you if/when the ride has passed review. It reduces the number of refunds we need to process for rides that are rejected.

Yes, it is normal turnaround time. Right now, it can take as long as 12-14 weeks for us to complete a verification.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Do you also send out an email if the application is rejected?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Yes. We notify you in either case.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira, can you check on the status of my certification please? As per my earlier responses above I submitted my SS1000 at the end of July this past summer. I have not yet heard anything whatsoever since.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Ira, can you check on the status of my certification please? As per my earlier responses above I submitted my SS1000 at the end of July this past summer. I have not yet heard anything whatsoever since.
I just sent you a Forum PM.

Ira